• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what battery level to crank?

croftonaviation

My dad who works on Ft. Campbell went to look at our deuce today (hauling it home thursday). Overall It appears to be in good condition. If the battery is indicating that it is at the bottom of the yellow can it still power turn signals and just not be strong enough to turn the starter? The truck was listed as starts and runs but that has been a while ago. Just wondering. Thanks. Sorry to keep asking such noobish questions thanks to all for being patient.

ida34

That's about right for a truck that is not running. Not sure if you got something else going on. Have him actually check the voltage of each battery with a volt meter and at the same time check the connections at the battery for looseness and corrosion.

BugEyeBear

You'll probably want to take a couple of spare batteries with you to either BOOST or replace the existing batts.

Full size Car/Truck batteries (like the ones you can get at Walmart) with a full charge will work.

IF you decide to boost it with these spare batts you'll want 2 sets of jumper cables. Get the ones with the FAT WIRES so that you can pull MAX amps!!

OH, & let me be the 1st to say, "PLEASE POST PICS of your new Deuce & the recovery!"

Good Luck!

littlebob

If you can find some batteries to borrow, a couple out of a friends boat or whatever should work if in good condition and charged. I borrowed ones from my boat to get it home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks