• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what branch/unit did your cucv serve with?

well i finally did some research on the markings on my M1010 dashboard, and was surprised by where it came from... the marking were... NCI JAG..... Naval Criminal Intelligence, Judge Advocate General... kinda cool. makes me wonder what they actually used it for, and whats been in the back of it? was it used for recovery at crime scenes? who knows... anyways, where did your CUCV serve? and what was it used for? if only these trucks could talk...

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
one of my M1009's came from Ft Riley, Ks, 166th Av Bat ... They are now down in Texas at Ft Bliss...

Not sure which unit the M1028A2 came from. It appears to have been a National Guard truck. Which unit is still a big question mark.

Aurora

My M1009's last markings are from the 99th Regional Support Command. There are another set of markings underneath that I haven't tried to uncover yet.

Cucvnut

Arizona army nat guard was transfer to Texas but never made it. then it sat for who knows how long then it was drmo and i bought it.

Sasquatch

M1008A1
HHC 207th Infantry (Scout)
Alaska Army Naional Guard

Originally a radio truck, then converted to a plow truck.

Anyone interested in knowing more about their vehicle, check out CARNAC's 2011 Vin Thread in the member's rides area, he can check you vin in a military database, including other vhicles and equipment, awesome service he does for Steel Soldiers, only asks for a veterans charity donation in return.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
well i finally did some research on the markings on my M1010 dashboard, and was surprised by where it came from... the marking were... NCI JAG..... Naval Criminal Intelligence, Judge Advocate General... kinda cool. makes me wonder what they actually used it for, and whats been in the back of it? was it used for recovery at crime scenes? who knows... anyways, where did your CUCV serve? and what was it used for? if only these trucks could talk...
Interesting. What markings were/are present?
What markings were/are on the exterior?
Where did you get you information from?

Perhaps they used it to transport victims to a hospital after intense beatings, or after the victims watched crappy unrealistic cop shows.

Last edited:

67_C-30

CARNAC gave me the following info, but I don't know what it means.

0349 RGT 1 BN - FT. GORDON, GA

My bumper #'s are : 1AE/1571NF 1/349 18

I know my truck was a radio truck at some point. I am going to try to strip the paint and see if there are other numbers under the visible ones when I paint it.

Anyone know what those numbers mean?

Pawnshop

My M1009 was with a maintenance unit with the Illinois National Guard, and a MP unit before that
My M35A2 was with the 32nd Medical Brigade at Ft. Sam Houston (the Army's Med School)
My M109A3 was with the Texas Army National Guard, 949th Maint, Company C Heavy Maint at Mueller Airport in Austin
My M416 was with the Texas Army National Guard, 49th Armored in Brownwood
My M116A2/M101A2 was with the 502 Med at Ft. Hood, and an MP unit before that

Unknown on my M116A2E3/M101A2, and my M105A3 (though I know it did spend time in Qatar)

319, unfortunately those are the only visible markings left. i bought my M1010 from a Pa. Police Dept. they were converting it to a S.W.A.T. truck and painted it black... now only ext markings are S1 (S.W.A.T. 1). I thought it was the J.A.G. i was familiar with, but my friend is a Navy vet, and clued me into the NCI meaning.