• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What bumper numbers mean?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
40th Forward Support Battalion, A Co, Truck 19 They are part of the CA NG..
A Co is the Supply Company. Do a google search for 40th FSB, it has more info.

Camolad

Hi Emmando

I'm new to this site. I was also wondering where to get info on the numbers. I have an m1009 Passenger number is 99CR 313TC and the drivers side is ECS B003
I bought the truck in October 2004 with only 10500 miles on it. It came from Fort Meade MD.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

Claude.

Camolad

thanks for a quick response.

I'm still curious as to the history of this particular vehicle. The mileage was very low, most mechanical components looked new. There is however a lot of usage wear ie: seats, pedals, paint on the floor at the accelerator pedal. no rust on the frame anywhere the brake drums looked brand new. there are two large areas on the roof about 2 sq ft each that have salt water pitted surface rust. Were these trucks used on aircraft carriers? I forgot to mention that on the tailgate it does say US NAVY with another # 94 61579.

The 99CR is the 99th Regional Readiness Command, formerly Regional Reserve Command, and before that Regional Support Command. These designations have changed over recent years and the Army Reserve has undergone some reorganizations. This is one of the Army Reserve’s regional commands and covers some of the Mid Atlantic States, PA, MD, DE, VA, and WV. The headquarters is in Coraopolis Pa.

I am not sure of 313TC, may be 313rth Transportation Co, I will try to look it up later. The ECS represents Equipment Concentration Site; Reserve units frequently do not have adequate storage space and/or maintenance facilities at their “home station” so each of the RRCs has one or more ECSs where units store equipment they do not have room for or cannot maintain themselves. The ECS is then responsible for the storage and maintenance of the equipment. The downside of that is that the ECS will loan that equipment to other units during their AT (Annual Training) periods. Needless to say much equipment “borrowed” in this way gets well used. The B003 is the individual vehicle number assigned by the ECS.

I tried to look up the 313TC in the USARC and 99th RRC websites but there is little to no information on subordinate units on those sites anymore. This is probably due to severe security paranoia.

It will probably be hard to impossible to get much history on these vehicles. Most of the service history is lost when they are surplused. Unless someone leaves the log books in the vehicle you are probably out of luck. If you can find the history of the 313th TC you might get some clues since the truck probably went with them if they ever deployed. If they are indeed a trans company the chances are very good that they did deploy at some time during the current operations (OIF, OEF). A deployment like that could account for salt water rust if the truck was deck cargo or otherwise expose to salt spray.

The Navy tailgate was probably a replacement from a donor vehicle. The tailgates and the rear windows were prone to lots of problems and the tailgates frequently rust out. This could have been made worse if the vehicle was shipped by sea.

If the truck spent most of its life in an ECS it probably only saw use during annual training periods and that would account for low milage.

MilitaryRestoration

ok I've got some new numbers for those of you who know what the numbers mean. on the passenger side is '81 bde 1-185' and on the driver side is 'hq894' but then our other truck has the same on passenger but on driver side just says 'b4'

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Washington Army National Guard Unit:

81st Brigade Combat Team (Heavy), 1st Battalion of the 185th Armor Regiment
Headquarters, Truck #894

second truck:
same unit, but Bravo Company, Truck #4

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Camolad said:
thanks for a quick response.

I'm still curious as to the history of this particular vehicle. The mileage was very low, most mechanical components looked new. There is however a lot of usage wear ie: seats, pedals, paint on the floor at the accelerator pedal. no rust on the frame anywhere the brake drums looked brand new. there are two large areas on the roof about 2 sq ft each that have salt water pitted surface rust. Were these trucks used on aircraft carriers? I forgot to mention that on the tailgate it does say US NAVY with another # 94 61579.
Heavy wear on the seats, pedals, and accelerator pedal are good indications that your odometer may have flipped making your mileage 115000. Maybe you got lucky though. The main thing though is how it was maintained.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
gt1009 said:
how bout 45 202 ADA, and IE91 on my m1009's driver and passenger sides, respectively?
This one is a bit harder as the nomenclature is non-standard on the second grouping. You got an Illinois Army National Guard truck. Here's what I got:

45 202 ADA:

45th Enhanced Separate Brigade (eSB), 202nd Air Defense Artillery

IE91:

1st Battalion, Battery E, Truck #91

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks