• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What caused my thermostat to try and turn inside out

AECS

I pulled the crossover pipe today to install a temperature sending unit and found my thermostat had tried to turn itself inside out. I have attached a picture, but it looks like the rubber ring was pushed back through the thermostat, could it have been installed backwards?
Thermostat.jpg

Drock

Yeah that's ah new one for me :???:. I think putting it in backwards (If even possible) would have blown it out the other way? Could just be old ,and the rubber got soft?

AECS

I don't think it is possible to flip it either, and it has only been in about 6 months... It has not over heated or anything, I would have never known if I had not pulled the crossover pipe....

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made in China? What brand did you use? Is it the hockey puck style?

AECS

It was just the idiot light at the time, level is maintained good. Not sure of the brand, purchased at Autozone, they are replacing it under warranty...

Drock

Just my personal experience and opinion, with, and of (Auto zone). Is that they offer sub standard parts and real you in with the promise of a "lifetime warranty". After several experiences with there parts failing over the years . The final straw for me was about 3 years ago when 2 different auto zones refused to replace or prorate a bad battery, that they claimed was NOT bad. Up until this point ,yeah they did replace all those failed parts at no charge. But what good does that do you if you have to do the job twice? And hopefully not on the side of the road.2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks