• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What collection pump should I get for WMO?

Barrman

I "enlarged" a 55 gallon drum trying to run a home made version of the HF air transfer set up last week. It was a new drum full of oil. I put about 10 psi to it and got a dribble. So, I upped the psi. At about 20-25, the intake line inside the drum plugged with crud from the used oil and "POOOOM!" the drum now has round ends on it.

I was only using 3/8" line and no filter. I am building another set up this week with 1-1/2" line and will see if that works better. I am working on the "filter twice before it sees the truck" theory. I have about come to the conclusion that picking up the barrel full of oil where I find it and leaving a barrel behind is going to be the best way to get it to the house. Then use 110 or shop air based pumps to go through my filters into another container and then again through the filters to my final mass container.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thats what I do Tim. I catch heck for wasting time pumping through filters all the time, but I figure they will at least pull condensed water out even if they don't stop any more particulate.

TexAndy

Great replies, guys.

So what rated flow rate should I look for in a pump that would be adequate for both transfer and filtration?

Oh, I also looked through the Northern Tool catalog and found a PTO pump. Would that be compatible with the M35A2 PTO?

Last edited: