• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What color is on this Gama Goat

Charlie 6

Does anyone know what color number and vendor that sells this light green paint that is on my goat? Also the little bit darker green?
If you look at the front where the sand camo marking that splits the two different greens (left light, right darker). The goat has MS NG markings.
Checked with Rapco they were not sure.

Attachments

L1A1

Isn't the darker green the 383 CARC used as a base coat? Could be a bit faded after all those years. If you check the link I posted it gives the breakdown of colors used in the 4 color MRDC (?) pattern which is what your M561 appears to be sporting. The info you need is towards the bottom of the page. paint [G838 Wiki]

Although I've never owned one, I've always been a fan of the 'goats :drool: . Thanks for posting.
Matt

dustoff34

Well let me think here in my last 25 years in the Army. The MERDEC Camo came out in the 70s to match what area or theater you are to operate in. Jungle Europe Desert. It was made to be painted on the base OD that most the vehicles were painted back then. CRC didn't come out til the 80s and was a answer to a general camo for the NATO Military. HINT NATO!!!!! So we went to 5 colors 383 Green 383 Brown 383 Black 383 Tan 383 White. This is all the colors i have seen in my years. MERDEC is not resistant to chemical agents. CARC is, thats why its call CARC (Chemical Agent Resistant Compound).Just food for thought. Not to mention it is a health Harzard messing with CARC!!!!!!!!

emr

CARC as written here so many times, has no more a health hazard than any other paints, In print in many places on many data sheets, Color schemes are a big topic, MERDC four color 1975 to mid 1980s , It was to replace the OD , and did not use the 24087 OD as a base, There are No semi gloss colors used, all flat. When changing from one climate to another the shapes would not change only one or two of the colors. Looking it up there are 12 colors that were listed for use, The olive drab was the flat 34087 different than the 24087 used before. may be splitting hairs, but the whole paint job was changed, There is a list in The best book on the Planet by David Doyle on what colors went where in what climate on page 482... Best book anyone in the Hobby can have, Hope He finds the time to get more out :) Winter is White only :):)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks