• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What color paint brings the most money?

What color should I paint it?

• Total voters

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
I bought a deuce to fix up and resell, it needs paint and I'm wondering what, if any differance the color makes to the price I could get for it. Thanks for any and all input.

eagle4g63

From a resale point, I voted for 383 green......you have the option of 2 markets from that paint....the crowd that only wants the truck to be green and the 3 color crowd. It is easy to add the other two colors, but would cost more to cover them back up to go green.

Plus the base needs to be green and if you find that it is hard to sell you can add the other 2 colors and sell.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think either solid green 383 or 3 color. I think 3 color is the most popular but by painting it solid green, you get potential buyers who like solid green and camo-because they can add the brown and black later.

I think most of us are old enough that our idea of a military vehicle is green-to the older collectors, it's WWII various shades of brown or the VietNam era's green, the younger folks naturally think of CARC.

I think in another 10 or 20 years, when the people who have come of age in the last 10 years think of a military vehicle, they're going to naturally think of tan.

emr

Red gets pulled over more I hear, but blue is more pleasing to the eye. That would defietly be the best for resale, Or maybe a safari theme would be hot too. House paint from home depot would also be the best choice of paint. I have to ask, Do you know what the choices are with out asking ? Do you know what the meaning or era has to do with colors, If Not I sure would do blue :)

Jeepsinker

I like the o.d green. I use industrial diamoncote that I get from a local auto paint supply store. 60 bucks a gallon and its epoxy based. Tough stuff, and like everyone else says, you can go camo over it later.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
383 green or 3 color camo for the reasons clinto stated above. Tan is nice as well. Anything else just doesn't look natural.

slybiird353

Sweet. I voted 3 color, but like mine tan. Now that I'm going north I might rethink it though. Maybe a winter camo for northern Wisconsin. LMAO
You know all that white stuff on the ground up there isn't sand? We are also getting ready to move up to the northwoods. Are you going to drive your deuce all the way up there?.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks