• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what colors used in 3 color current camo scheme

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello again,

Another road block in my painting-- what colors specifically are used in the current 3-color camo scheme? Is the green the 383 green? And earth brown? (the flat black is sort of self explanatory)......... I am hoping to find out by tomorrow afternoon so i can let my buddy know who will be picking up the paint for me.........

thanks

Ziggy

fatboyinmaine

the newest version of the CARC is now waterborne and available through Sherwin Williams. Yes its mixed/thinned with Deionized water. much safer to operator and easier cleanup. the sherwin number is CC-M21 and MIL-DTL-64159 Type 2. Two shades of green, and black and one shade of tan and brown.

readyman

RDD,
I love working with that water wash-up CARC. We're using a small airless sprayer, minimum overspray and good transfer.

Just went into Sherwin Williams and ordered the stuff about a month or two ago. They need their own special stock numbers tho, so you have to do some homework knowing what to order.
The recommended white epoxy primer(solvent based) has been great so far too.

poppop

Stopped in my Sherwin Williams store this week to check on some. They said no can do, Their store can't receive that paint. They had ordered it before and the warehouse would not ship it to them.

fatboyinmaine

RDD, Im not sure why you could not get any, i will picking up a few gallons this week. I have a the MSDS and Spec sheet for the CARC and the primer. I will post the exact price when i pick it up. The sherwin dealer in my area supplies regularly to a contractor that paints hummers. any more info needed let me know....

ida34

fatboyinmaine said:
RDD, Im not sure why you could not get any, i will picking up a few gallons this week. I have a the MSDS and Spec sheet for the CARC and the primer. I will post the exact price when i pick it up. The sherwin dealer in my area supplies regularly to a contractor that paints hummers. any more info needed let me know....
Can you post or send a copy of the spec sheet to me?

Thanks
Chuck

ida34

I have heard of others getting the carc. I do not know personally if it is available for private purchase or not. I can't see why it would be restricted. The only thing that makes it special is it's ability to not let chemicals soak in. It is not like it is radar reflective or something sensitive like that. I have heard that is is more toxic than regular type auto paint and I wonder if some state laws are banning the private people from getting it in those states. I am sure someone more knowledgeable than me will speak up.

rizzo

I just called sherwin chemical coatings in flint, MI and they told me they needed an EUC type of letter on my company letterhead to buy.

2-1 mix $65/gallon

so that would be $195 for 2g part one and 1g part 2.
3 gallons total

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks