• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What deuce paint do you have?

w250guy

So im getting ready to paint the deuce and im wondering what make and color paint you used, ive got a 2012 ural all painted in 33070 lusterless OD and im pretty fond of the color, but i cant seem to find anyone who has painted a deuce with this color? I believe its the WW2 OD green but i could be wrong! Pictures of your rigs and paint info please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My local Sherwin Williams rep was very helpful when I was looking for paint to use on my truck.
She got together with the support people who recommended SHER-CRYL HPA (High Performance Acrylic)
Can be sprayed, rolled, or brushed and looks pretty good to me.
Went with 24084 paint code from the FS595B which is Semi-Gloss. They made it up with Ultradeep Base.
I paid about $60.00 per gallon on a contractor account.
https://www.paintdocs.com/docs/webPD...prodno=B66R300

w250guy

Ooooo thats a sharp looking rig, where did you get the canvas from? Ive been searching for a soft top and cargo cover thats canvas cause i don’t like the way the new vinyl ones look on the truck plus the color just isn’t right. The color on the truck just looks so dark to me, heres a pic of my bike

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use the search for Behr paint...and discover a whole lot of info.

One problem I have encountered is using red rust inhibitive primer like Rustoleum (oil base) and then use Acrylic Latex over it. Rust forms through it. Both, when fully dry have a level of being hydroscopic and rust forms again. When I use an oil based material over the primer, and several coats, it is a much better barrier. Then i can paint with the Acrylic Latex (I like Behr Ultra) and it is nearly indestructible.

I'm trying Rustoleum flat black enamel on top of red primer and under the Acrylic, but don't have much experience yet.

Last edited:

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forgot to mention primer choice:
KEM BOND HS which is a Phenolic Alkyd metal primer. Stinks pretty bad and requires Xylene for cleanup.
Also seems to work well and was recommended as the primer in coating system listed above.
About $51.00 a gallon for that. I used the gray.

67Beast

Ooooo thats a sharp looking rig, where did you get the canvas from? Ive been searching for a soft top and cargo cover thats canvas cause i don’t like the way the new vinyl ones look on the truck plus the color just isn’t right. The color on the truck just looks so dark to me, heres a pic of my bike

I bought the soft top and rear cargo canvas years ago at a show or on eBay. I know WeeBee Webbing makes the soft top but I don't think they make the full rear canvas. The Gillespie #24087 definitely darkens with time. And also really depends on the lighting. On bright sunny days it looks more brownish like in the middle pic and then on overcast days looks very dark like the last pic. Overall the paint has held up very well for the amount of years it has been on the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks