• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did I see? Memphis, TN area

realm

Sorry I don't have a pic, but it was parked at a gas station this morning.
It looked fairly new, or at least a new camo paintjob and in excellent shape.

It "looked" like a Unimog, only the front didn't look like a Mercedes Unimog front. Although it was painted and I just got a glance.

4 wheels
Stance like a mog
Front cab like a mog
Back was an enclosed camo box, but probably still cargo. Didn't see it from the back so not sure what kind of doors.

It could have been a Unimog, but is there anything our military uses that's similar?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only Unimog-looking thing we use is a SEE (Small Emplacement Excavator) - but it has front loader and backhoe attachments, looks a lot different that what you described.

It could be a Unimog radio truck, there are a lot of them floating around owned by civvys, perhaps it was owned by a collector who painted it like our military paints their stuff.

realm

Bingo! LMTV... that's what I saw!

Do they auction those off to the public just out of curiosity?

EDIT:
Nevermind... I just read another thread which said they wouldn't see decommissioning anytime soon. Guess the gas station one was in service.

Last edited:

txdodge43man

Its a FMTV designed by Stewart and Stevenson and built in Sealy, Texas. I took a tour of the plant and got to ride in one on the test track a few years back it was great. 4X4 is 2 1/2 ton and 6X6 is the 5ton

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks