• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did I stumble on, Deuce or 5-Ton??

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a treasure trove!!!! The trailer is a XM527 made by Freuhauf in 1963, it is the warhead transporter for the Sergeant Missile system. I thought I was the only one that had one of those. It is a 6 ton, would have had the single 11.00-20's. Looks like a second CCKW in the field across from the trailer. The CCKW in the shed had DUKW super singles on it.

ODdave

SON OF A !!!

I need 4 of those wheels.

I would love to have the whole truck but definatly need those wheels. My Drive duce has a full set and I have 2 more towards another truck. Man lucky you!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a second Sergeant Missile warhead trailer that someone put a blank data plate on and stamped in some VIN info. That is my guess anyway. OD Dave, you do not want those wheels, they are 18"!

MtnTamr

That is a second Sergeant Missile warhead trailer that someone put a blank data plate on and stamped in some VIN info. That is my guess anyway.

@ NDT, That red trailer had rollers all over it. You can see one up front (high), and one right where the upper deck drops down.... Plus others.

If I'm aloud back there, I'll be sure to take more pics.
So, what kind of winch was that in my photo? PTO driven MV?

vtdeucedriver

I heard about this thread when I was visiting a fellow SS member today. Got to laugh at the 800 series guess.

As you know by now its a M-51. It will be either Diamond T or International Harvester and it look UNMOLESTED and I would LOVE TO HAVE IT!!! I want a dump so bad!!!

She is powered by the Continental 6602 gas engine. With that engine you will get anywhere from 2-4 MPG while trying to feed the Holley carb. There is a later carb that gives you a bit more power and runs not as rich and I am told is a solid 4 MPG.

This truck will be the cheaper of the 3 versions of this truck as not everyone can afford to feed the R6602. Parts are not as issue either.
Would love to see more pics of the M-51 on your next trip!!! There is alot of neat stuff in PA!!!

vtdeucedriver

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo3HQyVzHqk&list=UUdhNk-Jn1oUvhYt1WksVAZw&index=1&feature=plcp[/media]
Sorry for the crappy vid but it sure does sound nice:D

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can move the thread to conversations if you would feel more comfortable about posting pics. Please post whatever pics you do have here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks