• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Civilian trailer use by the Air Force but now my storage trailer. Had the New doors put on but if they would have just painted the edges of the plywood I would not be working on it. Glad I decided to do it now before the plywood started to come apart from the water that gets under the weather stripping and plywood. Replacing the rubber weather striping and coating the plywood edges. Found this Minwax wood hardener and applied three coats of it on the plywood edges. Filled in any small hole with wood putty and two more coats of the Minwax. I will let it dry for the day and start in on the weather stripping manana.

Attachments

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Since I painted my M101 with latex paint, can I now complete the camo with rattle cans? Oil over latex?
It's been a long time since my painting days (my first work after high school):

- But memory serves that oil paint can go over latex, but not so much latex over oil (based on oil floats on water, but water does not float on oil).

However, paints and painting technology has likely changes a lot since those long-gone days.

A quick search of the old web browser ought to settle it "right quick".

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well my dry van storage trailer had the wrong tare weight so had to empty it of all goodies yesterday with some help. Also added a couple of extra lights just because I had them. Now wait for the DMV to open and get my tag then take it to the Pilot truck stop 10 miles away and put it on the Cat scales.

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea my tare weight is something around 8160. Got the title from Govliquidation and had the wrong tare at 18028. Never worried about it as I just used it for storage. Now with tags in insurance thought I would get it straight.

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up a new to me m1061a1 yesterday. I’ve been wanting one for a while now and happened across this one for a good price. Went and picked it up and pulled it home with no issues. I didn’t hook up the brakes so still have to check them out next free chance I get but so far all that I see that needs addressed is the drain cable for the air tank is broke off on the back from rust and some surface rust in patchy spots. Mostly underneath where holes were drilled through the deck. It didn’t come with a spare so I’ll be on the lookout for one, but the tires that are on it are practically new with newer date codes. It had a make shift headboard that I took off except for the one welded on pole on the front that I didn’t have time to cut off . They said they used it to haul wood. Also had two trailer support jacks bolted on the back for a unknown use. But over all I’m happy to have it. I may in the future fabricate a hinged dovetail that can be locked down or up flat with the rest of the deck.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Picked up a new to me m1061a1 yesterday. I’ve been wanting one for a while now and happened across this one for a good price. Went and picked it up and pulled it home with no issues. I didn’t hook up the brakes so still have to check them out next free chance I get but so far all that I see that needs addressed is the drain cable for the air tank is broke off on the back from rust and some surface rust in patchy spots. Mostly underneath where holes were drilled through the deck. It didn’t come with a spare so I’ll be on the lookout for one, but the tires that are on it are practically new with newer date codes. It had a make shift headboard that I took off except for the one welded on pole on the front that I didn’t have time to cut off . They said they used it to haul wood. Also had two trailer support jacks bolted on the back for a unknown use. But over all I’m happy to have it. I may in the future fabricate a hinged dovetail that can be locked down or up flat with the rest of the deck.
That's really nice. Especially since you have a truck with a crane on the back - where you can pick up stuff and load it on the trailer. Definitely nice.

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The two support legs look like they're for an M1101/2 trailer. Clean them up and sell them.
That’s along the lines of what I was thinking they were for. I wonder what they were used for being they were bolted down to the deck. Obviously a support for something but still.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That’s along the lines of what I was thinking they were for. I wonder what they were used for being they were bolted down to the deck. Obviously a support for something but still.
Bolted to the deck? Weird.

They seem to sell for much more than I would be willing to pay- but fortunately my M1101 came with a set, which are locked inside unless I'm using the trailer. Check ebay for going rates, but someone that ended up with a trailer and didn't get the legs will want them.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can definitely say the 1” square stock slide stops on the ramps and the additional biters makes all the difference loading and unloading safely on the MTO20View attachment 849353

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YEP every trailer should have them on the ramps and on the trailer floor at the rear near the ramps on occasion you will have to load or unload on less that flat terrain if your tracks are full of mud when you crown over a little to fast there is something to bite on when the track touches the trailer floor .

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I went over and looked at a 2012 M1102 trailer I've been wanting to buy for a while. Belongs to one of the guys in the local military vehicle group.

Will need to take it in for State Patrol to do a VIN inspection on it, but got it home without incident.

Took off one of the rear landing legs just to see how it fit on the trailer, and the tech manual CD fell out. Looks like it's never been off before.

Entire trailer is in pretty much perfect condition (for being 10 years old) but it's dark now, so pictures will have to wait.

Only downside is it's tan, and my truck is green, so it will need painted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks