• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Did a mock up for my hydraulic jacks for the tongue on my M322. The replacement jacks I put on a few months ago are just a little short. Blocking up is ok but when the trailer is loaded or has anymore than it's normal 1800lbs of tongue weight it gets to be a chore to get it off the truck. I am going to use the mine roller hydraulic unit that I am going to run to install my hydraulic ramps to run the tongue jacks as well.

Going to go with two 3" diameter 30 " stroke cylinders that should be able to handle up to 20,000 lbs easily. Luckily I have them laying around.

The mine roller unit runs off a standard 3way controller and operates via a slave port connector. So I will have to run some wires to the rear of the truck and install a slave port on the rear frame someplace. It looks good on paper and for mock up at the moment.

Attachments

tobyS

Did a mock up for my hydraulic jacks for the tongue on my M322. The replacement jacks I put on a few months ago are just a little short. Blocking up is ok but when the trailer is loaded or has anymore than it's normal 1800lbs of tongue weight it gets to be a chore to get it off the truck. I am going to use the mine roller hydraulic unit that I am going to run to install my hydraulic ramps to run the tongue jacks as well.

Going to go with two 3" diameter 30 " stroke cylinders that should be able to handle up to 20,000 lbs easily. Luckily I have them laying around.

The mine roller unit runs off a standard 3way controller and operates via a slave port connector. So I will have to run some wires to the rear of the truck and install a slave port on the rear frame someplace. It looks good on paper and for mock up at the moment.
Wes, The reservoir looks a bit small. You must be relying on what comes back from the rod side as just the push side is .92 gal. If you are venting the rod side, you will run out of oil.

I have one of the same pumps. There are flanges to weld on a bigger tanks and also bigger, ready made tanks.

computer54

20180110_135424.jpgNow I have a M101A2 trailer that I traded for from Memphis Equipment and took my old trailer last Tuesday up from Nashville and left here at 5:00am and got to there at 9:15 am and traded an M105A2 for this one and need to fix the surge brakes and get a top and boes for it and then I well be happy.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did not want to drill any holes, I had the pig tail so five bucks for the LED light and I now have a proper tag light and plate holder. The tabs were already on the trailer and with quick pins I can remove the whole thing if I need to.

Attachments

Last edited:

NormB

IMG_4242.jpgIMG_4243.jpg

Finally got around to replacing one of the wheels/tires on my trailer yesterday. Chased threads, new nuts, haven't torqued yet - it's not going anywhere until I do the left side. Meant to do that today, but remembered I needed to get up on the roof with some tar and seal around our chimney where water was coming down a couple of weeks ago w/snow and ice melt. 65 degrees outside. False Spring, but I should get the other wheel done in a couple days if not next week.

Oh, cut up the old tire, saved the runflat/bead ring (?), used an angle grinder w/ 4-1/2" disc to cut the wire "rope" bead/retainer, sawsall to do the rest of the tire. Nice bite-sized pieces for the twice-weekly garbage pickup. County uses a plasma furnace/incinerator, it'll eat just about anything.

Of course, if I were doing this down on the farm it would just go on the burn pile. I just read today that pollution is causing "global cooling." I try to help as much as I can. Last I heard the planet had a fever.

NB

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter

drivebymashing

20180120_165500.jpg20180120_170256.jpgHauls a load just fine lowered 5 inches with shocks removed. I hauled 5 loads that size last week trailer did absolutely great. I think i need two I have two xterras.

Last edited:

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hauls a load just fine lowered 5 inches with shocks removed. I hauled 5 loads that size last week trailer did absolutely great. I think i need two I have two xterras.
I love mine and I love to see them getting used hard and surviving. I think about lowering mine but so far haven't.

You didn't take that out on the roads without the safety chains connected I hope.

tobyS

Why not go to the tires that are on an M1061 aka "bolster". They are several inches shorter, but 16.5" and while I've never seen them on the HMMWV wheels, they should fit fine.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
11628563-B3A4-46ED-94D5-59516C2D4361.jpg0345890F-69DF-4206-96BA-C993D102DD02.jpg
Took off the nylon rope and installed some 5/16” rubber rope.
Now it’s a breeze to get inside, etc.

This rope is rated for outside use and resistant to sun, weather, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks