• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
On my M322 i got the Hydrualic tank and pump mounted to a plate. Will try to install the cross beams tomorrow and drop it in. This is the tank/setup for the tounge jacks.

Going to use some 2" cylinders and 28" strokes. Should give me a extended length of 64" which is more than enough to get it clear of a truck with 1600s. Going to use some schedule 40 pipe and mount that to the truck and put a pin hole for the top cylinder pin.

Installed some new square LED marker lights.

Put on some new trailer brake shoes as I got a good deal on 4 sets for $16 a set. Marathon brand

As far as hydraulic ramps go. I decided to add another I beam to the center of the trailer and stagger the angle iron in and make the whole back of the trailer one big ramp. Use a 4" cylinder to lift the whole assembly using the center I beam. Profo was able to snag me some steel from the port of iberia for 30 cents a pound.

Attachments

FloridaAKM

I installed a NOS 5 ton cargo truck cover that I got from the Mt Dora MVPA winter meeting this past weekend. It cost me $20.00 & was never used. It is a little short, but still work for what I want & will last for many years in the Florida sun.

LMTV M-1082 Cover.jpg

I forgot to tell that the cover went on a M-1082 LMTV trailer, not a 5 ton truck.

Last edited:

NormB

Scored a good used Harmar AL055 wheelchair lift off the evil auction site. Had a buncha “bucks” I needed to use, no one else bidded on it, so I wound up bidding the opening bid - no reserve - so it cost about $175. Thing stands about 2 feet high, arm swings out about 3 feet. Capacity’s #200 lbs.

What I did today was test it, and look at my trailer wistfully while it rained off and on and I nursed my aching knees, tinkered with an ATV in the garage for a bit.

http://harmar.com/products/AL055

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Added some new square 2 LED clearance lights. They are omni 8-36 volts I found thru my local Fleet trailer place for like $10 each. Way cheaper than the TruckLite model 30s. Rewired the rear trailer lights as I had some water and junk intrusion from all the roads up north.Lights are fairly bright. The forward facing clearance light has the black cover spray over it so it doesn't shine so bright in the mirrors. It makes you wonder who's that close to you in the middle of the night sometimes.

Installed the cross braces and two plates for the hydraulic pump and tank. and the battery hold downs. They are actually the battery trays from the marine corp 1150/1155 dozers. Hold group 24 batteries nice. I also ran some 0/ cable down the frame rail to the center on the drivers side and installed a slave port there for jumping off dead trucks and equipment. Going to install a solargizer somewhere to keep them charged OR i may cable down the frame rail of the truck and use some of the battery quick connect fittings to charge the batteries on the trailer when needed.

Hopefully the rain will be gone by the afternoon tomorrow and I can install the hydraulic cylinders for the tongue jacks.

Was a busy weekend all together.

Attachments

tobyS

Wes, The lights look good, nice and bright. Looks like you put in a nice size tank...that should do it. Were you using one or 2 cylinders on the rear? Are you entirely re-making it or filling in between? Your a busy man!

Have you ever got the NY delivery worked out? The man bringing the M322 back from Grendel has had something come up. I need your help, if your available. Thanks

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Wes, The lights look good, nice and bright. Looks like you put in a nice size tank...that should do it. Were you using one or 2 cylinders on the rear? Are you entirely re-making it or filling in between? Your a busy man!

Have you ever got the NY delivery worked out? The man bringing the M322 back from Grendel has had something come up. I need your help, if your available. Thanks
Just going to use 1 cylinder a 4" bore . I am going to add a 6" x 6" I beam to the center of the trailer and run a full span cross bar and stagger weld some angle iron between what I have on my existing ramps so that the whole back of the trailer will be one big ramp. That will be its own unit. I may run some hoses back there and feed off the front tank. I got 400ft of 3/8" double wire 3000psi hose for $150 last week so distance isn't an issue.

Using two 2" cylinders for tongue jacks.

Yes I am busy I also swapped 2 torque rods off my truck, swapped a governor, calibrated the wabco air dryer with the truck governor, unloaded two M809 transmissions, changed my oil filter, washed the truck, then did a grease job. Installed some other crap I am sure I didn't need. Was a busy weekend.

I actually pick the 5 ton up in Springfield, MO on Wednesday. I am bring it back here so I can plan a run up to Albany when I have time. I was hoping to put it off until after i install my Big Cam 400 but maybe not. I may just upgrade the transfer case and then make the run to Albany since the NHC250 doesn't like turning the 1600s over up top.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

Before black out.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

gottaluvit

Put my rodent destroyer to work in an M1082.

20180303_105548.jpg

Had two M929/M930 complete cargo cover kits stored in there and spotted a few droppings. Uncrated the covers and luckily no damage to anything even though one had a nest in it. Picked these up after my tree mishap last year.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use those mice bucket traps in my shop and attic areas. If using water, put a good squeeze of dish soap in the water, kills them quick.
However they still end up stinking. I turned to a couple if inches of used motor oil. They drown quick and the oil covers them up, no smell.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks