• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

gomarkc

Very nice canopy. It fits the trailer beautifully. What is year make and model number of the canopy. What would I expect to pay for something similar? What other plans do you have for your trailer? I just bought at auction a M105A3 which looks similar. I wonder if it has same bed size as yours? My bed size is 104 inches x 95 inches as measured to outside edges.

NormB

took mine for a ride yesterday. 759 miles to Tennessee. 5AM to 6PM EST. Gas mileage was awful, but it rides smooth up to 90mph (don’t ask).

738685CE-EEF1-4C4A-B676-C450B0B2DC84.jpg

NormB

I got 10 mpg pulling my 105 with my xterra averaging 70mph. It got double thst empty.
12mpg at 65mpg average, 20mpg without trailer same avg speed. It’s like towing a parachute.

The speed thing was weird, was keeping up with flow of traffic through Knoxville, early afternoon, got into this weird passing/no passing thing where all I wanted to do was pull over OUT of the passing lane and car after car would just merge on over into that lane - no room to pull over for me so I sped up, they sped up, and next thing you know I’m going 90, said the heck with this, FINALLY pulled over to the right and a state trooper blasted past me in the passing lane. I think he’d been there for a couple miles. REALLY weird. I guess he had somewhere to go.

computer54

I took my M105 to Memphis two months back and had no broblem and was doing 60 there and towing it with my 93 Chevy truck with a 6.2 l and had no broblems and came back with a M101A2.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’s not getting the trailer going. A Prius can do that.
It’s stopping and handling.

Chevy pickup is larger and heavier than an Xterra.
Better able to handle trailer weight, but stopping still an issue with no trailer brakes.

Using something as small and light as an Xterra is just begging for trouble.
Sure you can get away with it a few times or a hundred, but eventually it will bite back.
It’s not a question of if, but when.

computer54

You said it right and 535319_6242_159_0001.jpgis what I towed it with and here is the trailertrailer 9.jpgand this what I traded it for20180110_135424.jpgand I only need the boe's and cover too and it well be ready to go camping,

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That trailer is a perfect match for that truck.
Keep the surge brakes maintained and you’ll hardly notice it’s back there.

Have you already checked bearings, seals, etc?

computer54

not yet because it's cold and I was going to check it out this Spring and Summer and check it out good. It looks like the surge brake had no cap before I got it but well be working on it then.

CHIEFSONN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I pulled/ towed mine m105a from New York down to south Carolina with 7 Michelins I hope to sell, to pay for the transportation to bring down my Deuce. would love to post photo but im not sure how to get it sent from phone to site.

Last edited:

BUGOUT2

It's easy to post a photo from your phone. Just hit the second icon from the right in the box where you write a message and it will give you a option to choose a location where your photos are.

tobyS

Not dual. I'm not sure how to go about removing springs. If I could remove enough springs I might axle flip it
You mean make it underslung, where the axle is on top of the spring, not under it??? I don't think there is room (will hit the frame), even when removing the overload springs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks