• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not M101, M116A2. I do have a stock M101 but not a radar support version (it’s in the classifieds)

Here is a pic of the M116

Bulldogger
CD7D9A96-68B2-4A69-9A49-0EB8CD694B23.jpg

Another Ahab

Removed the center tray from my radar support trailer. Stripped most of the tie downs as well. Once the rest of the mounting fittings come off the deck I’ll have a nice semi-flat bed with cubbies on each side.
Bulldogger
They always seem so handy, so you left some of the tie-downs remaining, that right, BDGR?

What's your plan for the trailer, camping maybe?

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of the tie downs were attached to the center tray so they came off. I did save them and their bolts of course.
I can add some back if I feel the need.

I plan to use use it for cargo mostly. If camping just as carry-all. Some folks do use the tray as a starter for a small bed, but not me.

Bulldogger

FloridaAKM

Floridanson says I lost my mind, but I won 3 remanufactured M-353's here in Florida & picked them all up this morning. Pictures only if requested as I was busy loading & driving & forgot to do the pictures thing.

There were 39 of these units released @ the same time & they very well may be from California. There are a few trucks from California here in Florida, but it makes no sense why to truck them all the way across the country & put them up for auction.

Anyway here is a representative picture of one of the trailers.M353 # 3 John.jpg

Last edited:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Floridanson says I lost my mind, but I won 3 remanufactured M-353's here in Florida & picked them all up this morning. Pictures only if requested as I was busy loading & driving & forgot to do the pictures thing.
When I was in Yermo picking up my truck they were loading 2 flatbed semis full of those trailers, at least 8, maybe more.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I washed my newest trailer. It was one of the HDT Drash trailers with a 35kw gen and 8 ton ECU on it. Guy I bought it from sold the gen separately, and took off the ECU as I don't have anything big enough to run it, and didn't want to spend the extra money to buy it.

I'm probably going to build a flatbed out of 11 gauge flat steel and 1" tubing, drop my MEP-802A and Nordicair 3 ton ECU pushed to the left side of the trailer, and haul my temper tent on the right side. Should balance out decently like that.

Bed will end up 10' long and 7' wide, only 54" between the wheel wells.

IMG_20190928_174444.jpgIMG_20190928_174453.jpgIMG_20190928_174504.jpg

The fuel tank is still in it. 55 gallon tank. If I plumb it to the MEP-802A I should get 100 hours of run time off a full tank. More than enough for a long weekend of camping or whatever.

Edit: I had to steal the lights off my M116A2 and put a new trailer plug on it as the old one had been chopped off. Found a couple diagrams on this site for trailer wiring, and had a spare plug end lying around, so got to practice my soldering skills.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What was the purpose of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The original trailer tongue was a tad too short
In sharp turns the trailer will make contact with the tow vehicle.
The Military came out with an extension kit to solve the problem.
The NOS kits were on eBay but I think the supply dried up.
Haven’t looked in quite a while.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks