• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did your FMTV do TO YOU today ?

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine made me pay for using the front tire as a scaffold. Banged up elbow + shoulder + ribs on the way down. Oooww. I'll be fine, back at it tomorrow, sore but wiser I reckon.

Am pulling the spare tire rack and tool box, man, there is a bunch of stuff back under there that clearly needs maintenance, glad I revealed it.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Third From Texas has mine now but I worried until the day he drove it out of my driveway that I was going to take a header from the bed. I did that out of my Gama Goat and was just hoping I would be over dirt when I came out the back of the 1078.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck is also teaching me that one cannot simply purchase an FMTV surplus then just hop in and drive it around. Its alot of work. Keeps me entertained as I am fascinated by the complexity of the hydraulic and pneumatic systems: I wonder where this hose goes.....

FloridaAKM

Mine keeps looking @ me, wondering when I am going to finally get that drivers side window & installed so the tarp can come off. I have a piece of plexiglas that would work in the meantime, but DOT does not allow that, nor do the insurance companies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks