• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do I take when I pick up a Deuce

derby

1000 miles which direction? There are members all over and most are willing to help with a little fore warning. You might find a soldier B and C.

hof3414

Two things u need -

1. Good friend or at least a friend that you don't mind not being friends with after trip

2. Credit Card

Good luck, Have Fun

if all else fails - uship.com (my preference)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might I suggest crafting yourself a powerbleeder and obtaining a gallon of BFS.

I had a truck that was driven onto the lot but they failed to say which lot. When I got it home I realized that it had no clutch. No, not a broken or burnt clutch, it had no clutch. Pressure plate and disc were just not there. Trans was installed and completely bolted in place. Prepare yourself for some wacky stuff and be pleased when you can drive it home.

Deucenut

To: Provo, Utah
I-80 all the way. I'll wave on the way by.

But seriously, you have given me a lot to think about. Maybe I will rethink my plan.

Welder Sam

multiple plans are the way to go. last minute fallbacks are usually for a reason. trust ur gut and dont think with ur shifter haha sorry.. best of luck my friend.

Pray

Duecenut,
Listen, I am going to give you the best advice, and save you a lot of money. The way the trucks are looking these days, I would seriously consider hiring a trucker to move the vehicle to your house. May cost some money up front, but trust me, it is going to be money well spent! Especially, if you did not PREVIEW the vehicle before you bid on it. Most of the vehicles that are being turned in to DRMO now days are in need of something. Like all the guys said before me, you could have no brakes, trans could be broke, missing various parts, ect, ect, ect. I know your intentions were good, the whole its an adventure thing. That is all well and fine if you were closer to the base, and it sounds like your not. Hire someone you will not regret it, and you will have more money to fix it up when you get her home. Plus you'll be able to sleep at night, knowing that you won't kill yourself or somebody else trying to drive it home. If you do decide to go on the adventure, bring lots and lots of cash, a ton of tools, and PRAY!!!!!

John

One last thought, Seriously

Duecenut,
If the shipping really is more than your paying for the truck, find a truck closer to you location. You may have to wait for one, but it just makes the recovery so much easier. You may have to obtain missing parts and install them prior to leaving the base. Nowadays, some sites will not let you drive the vehicle off base, better check with the GL contact. Not sure if you realize how much a tow of the magnitude you are talking about will cost? Or storage until you can come back and get it? Also lost time as far as working that you have to take because your truck is stuck out on the side of Route 80 somewhere. Don't want to be a stick in the mud, think about it long and hard. Good luck with whatever you decide. Find people on the site that can help out along the way. Good communication with SS members will be a big help.

John