• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do these numbers mean?

AMGeneral

Lance,

The TP-50 is the tire pressure marked just above each tire or between the tandems on dual axle trucks.The number 8 on the door is the Bridge weight clasification,this is also marked in the plate mounted on the grill on both trucks.As for the number on the glove box door,that is the military registration number,and it IDs the truck as a 2 1/2 ton truck built in 1971.It breaks down as follows,

04= 2 1/2 ton 6 x 6
K920= this translates into the number of trucks preceding it each year,it starts at A001 and goes up from there

71=this denotes the year of the truck itself IE 1971

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
This may help:

Organization: HEADQUARTERS AND HEADQUARTERS COMPANY, 3RD BATTALION, 103RD ARMOR REGIMENT
Nomenclature:TRUCK CARGO 2-1/2T Model:M35A2 W/W NSN:2320000771617
Serial Number:53913085 Registration Number:4K92071 Year of Mfg:1972
Manufacturer:65909 Usage Miles: 38115
This info is from 1997
Vehicle was suppose to go to the Arkansas Army National Guard, 777 COMBAT SUPPORT AVIATION SUPPORT BATTALION, LITTLE ROCK, ARKANSAS. I don't think it did but you can answer that by where you bought it at.

HQ74 is the vehicle number.

IronPig

My neighbor is retired military and recognized it as National Guard by the markings. He really enjoyed seeing the two deuces and said it really brings back memories, as have many others. To those who serve you have my deepest respect and appreciation for all that you do. We got a lot of honks and waves on our trip home, even though it was just joe civilian (aka - me) driving, it made me happy to see that people appreciate and respect those in service as much as I do. I just smiled and waved.

More pics -

Attachments