• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do you do with parts you 'don't need' anymore?

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't get excited. I am getting ready to swap out to super singles. I will pick up six of the eight wheel/tires tomorrow, given the snow we are having right now.

I will have twelve 9x20 wheels with really bald tires on it. I think I'm going to give them to DrFoster. He just needs me to store them somewhere.

So, what do YOU GUYS do with parts when you no longer need them?

da_sgt

You can always use spare parts, sell, trade, or give them away like your doing. I have given away lots of spare parts away to members on this site. Someday someone will return the favor if they have spare parts I might need :wink:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
da sgt,
Yeah, and I have a growing 'stash' of parts. I recently picked up four in tank fuel pumps for $80. Three worked and one had a dead motor. Of the three, one was NOS.

I gave that to RandyLBarnes, because he had one in his tank that gave up the ghost. We are NOW trying to find if the manufacturer of these pumps is still in business and can these motors be replaced or rebuilt.

I'll let you folks know what I find out. BUT, keeping 12 wheels and tires is a bit much for my wife. And I don't EVEN want to discuss how POed the City of Denver would be if I just kept them on my property.

Maybe I SHOULD keep them just to PO the City of Denver. But if Doc needs them, they're his...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I give, I scrap and I Ebay the expensive stuff. I'm sure there are at least one or two folks on this forum that I've given parts too. Rusty fuel tanks from gassers that are half filled with pickled gas are the hardest things to get rid of. Tried burning about 30 oz at a time in the bonfire but the huge black cloud of smoke was drawing attention. I was lucky enough to find a guy with an old truck who dealt in scrap. He was more than happy to take the rusty tank in exchange for the gas inside. He was unconcerned that the gas was many years old. The wrecker is now free of that nasty smell. Jim, I got your lights and rusted out J pipe too. Sorry, no door parts though.

Crazyguyla

wallew said:
da sgt,

We are NOW trying to find if the manufacturer of these pumps is still in business and can these motors be replaced or rebuilt.
Here are two manufactures the military buys the intank fuel pump from:
PN: 311389-1

Olympic Controls Corp
1080 E Chicago St
Elgin IL 60120

Saint Technologies Inc
10 N Locust
Shannon IL 61078

rmgill

Well, there's a massive MV auction in Melborne Australia that would get you well on the way. But, you'd need to store it inside. Its apparently a first class collection from a museum that's closing. Sad that.

forklift

hey wallew,
I was just curious what you were swapping on to your truck. I'm still looking for the best option. thanks , jake

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks