• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do you guys think of this?

cwegga

Military M35A2 4X4 (Kaiser) Diesel

Well one of my cars is soon to pass from this mortal coil. I guess that means I need to buy something to replace it. From the little bit of info does this duece look ok? Any obvious problems? Price too high, too low? If I end up needing to look at it is there anyone local who knows dueces who would go with me?

mudguppy

level-wind winch without visible cable - wonder if the winch is hooked up?

also, something looks odd about that bed...

price doesn't look bad. you just need to drive it and look it over to see how much more work is involved. from there, you have to decide what it's 'worth'. ~$6k seems to be the going rate for a basic bob'er.

cwegga

Yeah, I probably won't be able to swing it. I'm thinking 4k is probably my max. I wonder if I could get him to keep the winch and knock down the price? For 6k I'd might rather get a little more money and have Hundy build me one the way I want it the first time. I wish I had a little extra money laying around.aua

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has a 5 ton bed that has been shortened.

The winch and level-wind is from a 5 ton also. It may not be operational, since they have input shafts on opposite sides.

The 5 ton front winch is too heavy for a 2.5 ton truck, especially if the truck has been "bobbed".

The cab is an older gasser cab, what a shame.:-(

steelandcanvas

Tell him to keep the winch, and offer him the $4K you have, if everything else checks out. The winch looks really out of place on that truck, and as Doghead said probably not operational anyway.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll offer him a bank check made out for $200 more than he's asking, to pay the movers, and send someone right over to get it.

The winch is a joke, I've never seen such a monstrosity. I take that back, that deuce from CA with Blazer axles still wins.

KsM715

I'd like to see how that level-wind is attached? Its clearly a winch off a deuce but I dont think you can make a level-wind work with one. I'd like to know he gets it to do 60?

Edit: looked again. Not a deuce winch. My mistake. Does the rear tire look bigger or is it just the angle of the pic?

Last edited:

bratpackdad

It has a 5 ton bed that has been shortened.

The winch and level-wind is from a 5 ton also. It may not be operational, since they have input shafts on opposite sides.

The 5 ton front winch is too heavy for a 2.5 ton truck, especially if the truck has been "bobbed".

The cab is an older gasser cab, what a shame.:-(
I agree with Doghead and Ridgerunner...too many issues so offer him $2,500

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
As much as I hate to say it, it could be functional. I know a few members with 5ton winches on their deuces. IMHO that truck looks like an abortion and anyone that does 60 in a truck with 900x20s is winding their motor to fast, a window will follow soon. I wouldn't mess with it.

flyxpl

The good part is he is " asking $ 6000 " offer him $ 5000 then tell him he needs to take off another 500 for the missing axle .

army70deuce

My 2cents worth, just get a full deuce off auction for $2,500 and sell the last axle if you want a 4x4, it'll be cheaper and the extra money goes towards accessories. I know EUCs are a pain, but you might come out better that way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks