• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do you guys use your trucks for?

Blacksmoke

Just curious as to what everybody else does with their deuces. I use mine all summer to pick up square bales. Have a stake pocket mount for a hay loader. Truck is tall enough to put hay directly in the loft from the bed. Then we transfer hay from one barn to another during the winter. Had 112 bales on it one time.

Every fall I attend an antique tractor show about 60 miles away. Usually put a tractor in the bed of the truck & one on a trailer. This year I put a tractor in the bed & took the 105.

Then I have a huge hayride every October with the deuce & 105, 2 farm wagons & my pickup & gooseneck. The deuce is a big hit.

Occasionally drive it to work. Have hauled a few loads of crushed rock from the quarry with it & scrap metal to the scrap yard.

But most of the time it sits in the barn waiting for the next mission.

kcimb

I wonder if we could round up all the people who hate deuces and put them in a ring and play ring a round the deucies with them. Sure would be fun!

dc3coyote

RE: Re: RE: What do you guys use your trucks for?

making sure that my driveway does not blow away. I also use it to hang Christmas light on my house.

wsucougarx

I use mine to hold down the gravel by my garage and some people have pictures on the wall...I just look out my office window and there she is:) Plus with the window open the lovely smell of a military truck comes rushing in.

saddamsnightmare

September 28th, 2008.

Working daily as an on and off road cargo truck (M35A2Wo/W) and as a sister to the 1963 Unimog, which gets better mileage and can go places a deuce can't even begin to get into.... Both of them work for their living and both run daily unless down for repairs (which with the deuce has been rare, the Unimog just came off a 7 month breakdown due to unskilled mechanics in the area & bad gas). Either one will piss off the Hummer & Landrover owners and the guys with jacked up Pickups..... it pisses them off immeasureably that with all the money they spend... they still can't go where a deuce or Unimog goes!!!! [thumbzup] [thumbzup] [thumbzup]

Cheers, Gents, keep up the good fight!!!

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Truck
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 Cargo Trailer
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S.404,114 MB
1967 Hercules MEP023A APU Gen-Set

SrIrie

Mine is used mainly to hall my trail rig to the trail and extract it when I do something dumb like get stuck or roll over. I have also used it to hall bark and plants for the on going wife’s yard project and gravel for the drive and anything else that I can get in it.
Now that I totaled my Celica two nights ago, it will be my driver tell insurance figures out what there going to do.

Attachments

TommyG45

I use mine as my pickup truck. Got rid of the F250, which only got 2 MPG more than the deuce, I use it to go to Lowes, shag feed for the the animals, get hay and straw, parades, and basically at 53 - 55 miles an hour on the highway.... get stuff and smile alot.

I have been on a used tank kick lately, currently have a 330 gallon poly tank to be used for WMO collection, and a 275 gallon steel tank for oil processing.

Kids love the airhorn, that gets used quite a bit. Would love to build a set of ramps to load my tractor.

Not a daily driver, but every day I drive, I have that smile that wraps around my head.

Tommy

WildSide

I moved all of my furniture and boxes the other week using mine. I am hoping to buy a boat so it will tow to and from the lake (5 miles). I need power steering for backing a trailer though. It's a big pickup with a winch to me. I actually thought about selling it to buy an M1009 for boat duty but every time I drive it I fall in love with it again....

Ryan

GoFastCrackPipe

SrIrie said:
Mine is used mainly to hall my trail rig to the trail and extract it when I do something dumb like get stuck or roll over. I have also used it to hall bark and plants for the on going wife’s yard project and gravel for the drive and anything else that I can get in it.
Now that I totaled my Celica two nights ago, it will be my driver tell insurance figures out what there going to do.

I use mine for the same thing! Nice Bronco by the way... mine's a '73. I think I met you briefly out at SOB...

Attachments