• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do you think of this Deuce? (pictures and starting video)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I say don't loose it at 2600. The clear title gives you a head start. The brakes MAY be as simple as bleeding adjusting etc. The slow starting MAY be from non use.
The vehicle is close to you so you save on transport charges.:D

None of the deficiences you stated would concern me greatly.

Heck if the truck turns out to be a total POS you can sell it for scrap and get a big chunk of your money back:idea: Just kidding;)

rflegal

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, deja vu, look at my avatar. Note the similarities; bumper, lights, etc. Your hood latches from the bottom too. Mines a 56, this is a 65? Is this a retrofitted gasser? Are there any data plates? The serial number is on the frame, left front. Bet its an early rig.

ALFA2

The break pedal if it goes to the floor with almost no resistance, or spring pressure, that is not a difficult repair, something just fell off or broke, as in linkage or a pin holding things together, just vibration and possibly loose parts.

If the breaks worked well and then suddenly, without being used, they just went, that is what I would be looking at. Air pack if it goes bad, does have resistance to pressing on the break pedal, no matter what type of internal failure, master cylinder or Air-pack, there will be some drag on the pedal.The truck seems in pretty good shape other than that, just from the pictures, and the year is reasonably desirable in most states. See if he will drop the $ to $ 2200.00 or so, then you will have some room to fix what you need.

Good luck with your decision.

ALFA2

I really appreciate all the replies and advice.

I did some reading and it sounds like this truck has the sprague system that automatically engages the drive to the front axle when the rears are spinning faster than the front. It sounds like a truck with a manual transfer case would be much more desirable?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks