• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do you think this is?

chicklin

1952 GMC Military 6x6

And what do you think it's worth? He emailed back and said it "ran when I parked it" a couple years ago.

I've owned an M35a2 before, how will this thing compare? I'm not necessarily a diesel fanatic, so the gas motor (assuming it's an OA331, right?) doesn't turn me off. Thanks!

Westech

CPL
would not go over 500 bucks. I paid 800 for a "runner" but it needed a frame off really to get back on the road and safe.
and the engine is a 302 line 6 GM engine. good power for that truck. it has a auto 4 speed trans also

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a similar condition one near here in really crappy shape I am going to offer $200, only for the sake of parting out to save the parts. This one you show isn't a rarity, so the price he is asking is laughable. As in, ask him how much he wants, he tells you, and you laugh in his face, laugh in his wife's face for marrying an idiot, laugh at his kids for their poor lineage of genes, etc.

chicklin

If it is an M135, what do you think are the chances of finding a stock bed for it? I understand they are different than the M211's and M35's beds (i.e. wheel wells).

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll show you a comparison. This truck was on craiglist. It was advertised @ $2500.00 and definitely was a running truck. Makes the one your looking at look like a $400.00 truck.

Attachments

Militoy

1952 GMC Military 6x6

...He emailed back and said it "ran when I parked it" a couple years ago....
You would not believe how many trucks I have bought over the past 30 years that the seller claimed "ran when I parked it" - but needed major - major work at the time of sale to get 'em running. The truck is worth exactly what you are willing to pay for it in its present condition - and not a penny more. I would agree that it looks like "a $400 truck". Someone else might be willing to pay $2500 for it - but I would have to hear it run again at the time of sale (after all, it "ran when he parked it!"), and see a nice pile of parts to replace the ones that are missing. My $0.02.:soapbox:

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

There is a similar condition one near here in really crappy shape I am going to offer $200, only for the sake of parting out to save the parts. This one you show isn't a rarity, so the price he is asking is laughable. As in, ask him how much he wants, he tells you, and you laugh in his face, laugh in his wife's face for marrying an idiot, laugh at his kids for their poor lineage of genes, etc.
:funny:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks