• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what do you use to clean up carc paint and tools

copperhead10

I got the M35A3 home last week (11 hours drive). my plans are to bob it and to repaint it one color.I plan to use carc paint and the ? is what do I use to thin and clean up tools.

chemicaljohn

I actually didn't thin it when I did my winch and fenders a couple years ago and it went on pretty well. If I remember right, the guy at the sherwin williams shop said to use MAK (yes, thats MAK, not MEK) I had never heard of it, but he said it could be bought through them (they were out at the time) or an auto body place. I just used MEK to clean up... and clean up immediately. Once it dries, it's part of the gun and anything else it got on. I got my paint from a dealer in Michigan, which happens to be the same place that supplies AM General, they were very good with saying how to use it and clean up.