• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do your neighbors and other drivers think of your CUCV

unaffiliated

My closest neighbor is about a half mile away. We live WAY OUT in the country on 50 acres. I have over 100 Mercedes parts cars so the CUCV just blends in with all the other crap. Everyone in town knows me as "the guy with all the Mercedes". I get a lot of good comments from former military about the truck. Even non military people usually comment about how awesome the truck is. I enjoy that. It is a BEAST. Right now she is dead in the driveway. Gotta pull the engine and remove three broken trans-to-block bolts and repair the hole for the starter support bracket bolt. I figure I will do the front and rear seals, balancer and a block heater at the same time.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My next door neighbor owns three jeeps, an M37 and an M43

AND a 9 second bracket drag 67 Camaro - you should hear THAT SUCKER fire up

I didn't know he was home and I heard it fire up and I was out of my house looking to see WTF?

He had come home early to move vehicles around. He just took delivery of his THIRD jeep. It's painted with a Navy gray paint job - VERY PROFESSIONAL restoration - unfortunately, the guy died before he finished it - so he got the jeep and four boxes of parts/stuff and two or three extra wheels - all sorts of stuff

SO - no problems with the neighbors that I'm aware of - MY NEIGHBOR kinda broke that barrier years ago

Last edited:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 5 ton gets lots of stares from folks. One lady asked me why? and I replied why not. Taking care of the 5 ton keeps me off the golf course, and outa bars :jumpin:

biggestc69

Last week after I got done washing the 08 I saw a cop pull right out behind me and ride my bumper. I was headed outta town to dry the truck off (as much as you can dry off at 50mph) and he turned around at the city limits. Later that night on the way back from the grocery store he did it again. This time he followed me all the way home, he used to be in the Army back when the M880's were getting phased out and the Chevy's were being issued. Just wanted to B.S. He was in the market for one so now we are looking for one for him.

steelandcanvas

No CUCV's in the driveway, just one Club owned M886 and 2 Deuces. The only neighbor that has ever commented on the vehicles, said he drove a Deuce once. Most folks in the sub don't honk or wave, and that's just fine with me. Colorado has "plate display not required" code for HMV's. I don't really get any looks while driving the interstate, with Ft Carson, Camp George West, 3 AFB's, Cheyenne Mtn., the AF Academy, and numerous Guard Armories, no one really pays any attention.

dmetalmiki

I have to wonder

Just what would those (same) neighbours of yours say to this "icker Truk" chuffing up your (their) road drive avenue cul-de-sac street whatever...to park up on the (my) front lawn!! (where this is heading!). See the cars ? waiting? thjey don't give s.... and wave gaze stare in..amusement incredulity <SHOCK>!

29 foot long 8 foot 4 wide inch truck...47 foot 8ft wide 28 ton recovery trailer.

As the the britts say..."Ave Sum Of THAT!!" and here's the Kraz in the back garden after parking the trailer on't front garden!.

SHOVE - YouTube

Attachments

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I get a good reaction in a M-1028 the one pictured in my avatar. I was at the light today coming back from a 200 mile road trip and these 2 guys were honkin with 2 thumbs up yelling That truck is Bad Azz...Then wanted to pass me a joint but the light turned green and had to go. I will get a better reaction when I install the DIY rock sliders from Shakeum here on SS.

I also passed a MSP Michigan State Police off the side of the road, same trip. I saw him in the rear view. Came up fast, lingered, ran the plate then disappeared. Where I live I feel a straight color like Desert tan or 383 green blends in well. Camo would stand out and say look at me or check me out.

jj

The neighbors all around me don't even notice the green truck, except the kook right next door. He's easy to deal with: I just don't think about him at all. The college students sometimes get their panties in a bunch, but they are usually very LARGE, unwashed panties, because laundering and bathing every day is not environmentally sensitive. I DID get flipped off by a small Amish boy once. Surprised the devil out of me. The little ingrate.

CycleJay

Hi guys,

My neighbors have yet to say anything about my truck..
I think mostly because they seem to be minding their own business..
Or maybe because they come and go too often.. ( I live in a motel... ) LOL...

But some of the people at work think I am may be a little off for getting mine..
They think I am paranoid or something, just because I want to be prepared for disaster.

My gf thinks I am crazy, but she is slowly getting used to it, from the comments I hear
from her every now and then..

But the other day, a guy older then dirt, drove by me, and shouted really loud and angrily,
something about me driving a "gas guzzler..", some people can be so inconsiderate.. LOL.
One more thing, he was driving some small compact car, not sure who made it though.

Little does he know that my truck does better on "gas" then he probably thinks it does.. LOL

Last edited:

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't get my M1028 out too much because I am still working on it. Last fall I made a test run out to my farm and my neighbor stopped by to look at it. He called it a DOOMSDAY TRUCK!

wayne pick

jj, I've been driving 222 through Kutztown for years, gonna end up moving to northern Lancaster, probably Ephrata in a year or so. We stopped to take a plane ride in one of those bi wing sopwith camel jobs, uppon closer inspection I chickend out. The girlfriend says "come on it'll be fun" I had a flashback of landing on the Nimitz on the COD right out of boot. They had to carry me off the aircraft. The Amish kid flipping u off is funny as heck, I know an Amish farmer down on rt30 in Whitehorse. WP.

100acre

I love the looks I get, as mine is totally decked out with troop seats cargo racks and 2 antenna. I live 20 min north of a very democratic and liberal green loving mountain town. If anyone ever complains, I can say; hey look it's green too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks