• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do your neighbors and other drivers think of your CUCV

CycleJay

Come to think of it,

This was not a neighbor, But the other day, I was sitting at a red light,
on my way home..

When a pretty blonde in the next lane to my right (she had the green light) stopped
next to me for a moment, gave me a wolf whistle, then when I turned to look at her,
she looked at me, smiled, and took off..

So I was left thinking.. "Hmmm, what the **** did she do that for???..... )
Then my light turned green, and off I went, getting on the freeway.

enough said...

IdahoPlowboy

Most of my neighbors like my trucks and often ask me what new parts or repairs I have done since the last time they talked to me. I also have very few close neighbors.

Onestar

One of my neighbors jokes with me about it, the rest of my neighbors except 1 don't like or dislike it. The one that hates it called the HOA as soon as it showed up and started taking pictures of it and complaining about it. Because of the paint job he said we were painting it in the driveway. Or there was a small shock leak and he told them we were draining fluids into the environment. Complains about how loud it is when he isn't even directly next to our house and and don't drive by his house, even my direct next door neighbors don't mind it. You name it he complains about it.

When driving it around some people look at me like I'm crazy, some admire it. Some ask how I got it, where they can get one and if I want to sell mine.

tcody

Don't get me started about neighbors. I live in the country with the largest metropolis of 600 a couple of miles away. The old bat next door harassed my kids and wife for years, the SOB's old man shot my dog with a pellet gun cause they don't ike my "junk", I put in 2 acres of 6 foot privacy fence at 30K to keep them from bothering us - they would climb up on ladders to take pics and see what we were doing - then turned us in to the county because the fence was too high. My only hope is that God will sort this out as they are a he** of a lot older than me and I ain't going anywhere!

Last edited:

KsM715

Spend another 30K and move that fence 4 feet inside your property line and post no tresspassing and a notice the the fence is inside the property line. When they lean a ladder up against it have them arrested for tresspassing.

tcody

Spend another 30K and move that fence 4 feet inside your property line and post no tresspassing and a notice the the fence is inside the property line. When they lean a ladder up against it have them arrested for tresspassing.
Dang - I like the day you think!

jj

jj, I've been driving 222 through Kutztown for years, gonna end up moving to northern Lancaster, probably Ephrata in a year or so. We stopped to take a plane ride in one of those bi wing sopwith camel jobs, uppon closer inspection I chickend out. The girlfriend says "come on it'll be fun" I had a flashback of landing on the Nimitz on the COD right out of boot. They had to carry me off the aircraft. The Amish kid flipping u off is funny as heck, I know an Amish farmer down on rt30 in Whitehorse. WP.
Sadly, that airport has closed, and the biplane was sold at auction. It wasn't a restored antique, by the way, it was a new, purpose built biplane. I never had the opportunity to go for a ride, either. The plan is to build a shopping center on the property. The Airport Diner next door is still there and still worth the stop. Lots of other eateries and such in town, too. And a BRAND NEW 25MPH speed limit on Main Street. The Borough needed a new cash cow, i guess.

wayne pick

WOW, A shame about the airport. It's a neat supprise the first time you drive through there. We haven't been down that way in about five yrs. It's a Nice area. WP.

FMFDOC

Or shoot them off of the ladder... "Officer, I thought they were breaking in."

ayla

My neighbour hates it. My M1008 is parked on my drive, but blocking the view out of her window.
The rest of the neighbours are happy with my M1008 (with hood), so they don't have to look at the tigerprinted underwear......from the neighbour who hates it. She's often lying on the couch, drunk as...and legs spread out.
And it's the only car around with some decent sound.

Groet ron

DrJekl

The a55holes I live near call the city if I don't drive it for a while. All they do is come by and see if the tags are current and the tires are up. Otherwise the city can't do anything.

I was working on it one time and the city guy came over and told me why he was there. he said someone had called in an abandoned vehicle in my driveway. I had the back wheels off and the axles on jack stands for some reason at the time. The guy was not concerned but he said the truck could not have expired tags or look abandonded. he said it it was he would just issue a warning to fix it in so many days. I told him if he wanted he could issue the warning and I'd leave it on jack stands until a day before time was up, wait a week and take the front wheels off and do it all over again. Then he could call the jacka55 back and tell if he would have stayed in his lane I would not have to take the wheels off on a regular basis. The guy laughed and said that he appreciated my humor and asked that I not do it because the guy that called was a dick and made their life miserable. He apologized for any inconvenience caused.

I would be more understanding if my place was trashed with appliances in the front yard but the only thing out of the ordinary is the truck and it is a nice looking truck.

Efituned

Mom: Thinks its a regular truck.
Dad: Loves it because of the look and how it can take about any abuse.
Girlfriend/Friends: They think I should put it to rest and buy something new.

People on the road used to hate me because I never went over 45mph. Now I have a 383 stroker and they just stare at it because its camo.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
m16ty, If I lived in my hometown of Brewster NY, I would not get a second look, It's a little more upstate, but a lot more rural. In Westchester Co, I live amongst a lot of white collar types that went to collage instead of the military and don't understand the attraction to military vehicles. Nothing wrong with collage mind you, some of us went in another direction. It's like im soiling their enviorment with my big ugly green truck. I think it's the color that bothers them, OD, Cammo, Kaki, I can only amagine what the Deuce guys go through.
I put 12,000 miles on the deuce in the 2 years i have had it. I drive it to work and parked in the parking lot that was close to the plant. I wasnt supposed to park in that lot but there was one spot that was oversized in the back i would park in all the time. Everybody knows its my truck and because i work for a defence contractor, i think they thought it was one of our projects or something. My neighbors the 2 deuces and M105A2. We are blessed with great nieghbors. Even though they never say anythingbad toward them, i am still respectful when i start them up and what time i get home at night. I feel bad letting the deuce idle to cool the turbo after i pull in the driveway... but i have to after pulling the hill.

davidkroberts

who cares? I bought it and its parked at my house. Its no more business of people around me what I do with my life as it is for me to look down on them for whatever it is they choose to do.

But seriously nobody in my neck of the woods cares, I think they are curious as to what new strange vehicle I will be pulling up in next. I think they are about half expecting a tank any day now....lol

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My neighbors are fine with my trucks. I bribe them a little though' when it snows I plow there driveways and so far I havent heard anything negative out of them. As a bonus they pay me in beer and homemade cookies![thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks