• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What does a Water Buffalo weigh?

goldneagle

Size:
Head and body, 8 to 9 ft (2.4 to 2.7 m); Tail 2 to 3.3 ft (60 to 100 cm)
Weight:
1,500 to 2,650 lbs (700 to 1,200 kg)

Did you know?
The domesticated water buffalo is often referred to as the “living tractor of the East,” as it is relied upon for plowing and transportation in many parts of Asia.

steelandcanvas

Size:
Head and body, 8 to 9 ft (2.4 to 2.7 m); Tail 2 to 3.3 ft (60 to 100 cm)
Weight:
1,500 to 2,650 lbs (700 to 1,200 kg)

Did you know?
The domesticated water buffalo is often referred to as the “living tractor of the East,” as it is relied upon for plowing and transportation in many parts of Asia.
:funny:rofl

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Did you know?
Did you know?
The two wheeled "walking tractors" were used by the South Korean farmers in place of the four legged water buffalos. We called them "One Eyed Water Buffalos" or RPAVS (Rice Patty Assault Vehicles).

Attachments

goldneagle

Did you know?
The two wheeled "walking tractors" were used by the South Korean farmers in place of the four legged water buffalos. We called them "One Eyed Water Buffalos" or RPAVS (Rice Patty Assault Vehicles).
Richard can you make the Picture a little bit smaller? I can still see it!rofl

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Sorry GE.....I can't resize the photo.

When I was stationed in Korea the first time the small post I was on (Camp Colburn) actually had an RPAV for groundskeeping duties.
I was the Battalion Commander's driver and as an additional duty I was a Drivers Trainer and gave road tests to new soldiers.
I told the head civilian in charge of Installation Maintainence that I wanted to drive the RPAV and get licensed on it. He gave me a block of instruction on it and we went for a ride with me at the wheel (well actually the handlebars). He signed off on my Military Driving Record (DA Form 348 ) and it was notated on there as "Garden Tractor".
After that if I got bored I would jump on the RPAV (the Korean workers took great delight in hiding it from me) and ride all over post.
One time the Colonel needed me to run him into Seoul and stuck his head out the door to call me.....he saw me hauling azz on the RPAV and just shook his head.
He later told me "Sgt. Evans.....you're the only driver I ever had that is road qualified on the RPAV".
I have a photo of me on the beast but it is not in digits....maybe I can get my archives scanned in and show some cool photos.

blybrook

You can calculate the water for approx 8lb / gallon, or you can figure it out exactly if you change it from gallons to cubic feet. Then multiply that value by 62.4 lb/ ft^3 and you'll know how much weight is added when you fill it with water.

1 gallon = 0.1336806 ft^3

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks