• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What does it mean when all the lights flash on the CTIS??

Goobs

I have a1990 BMY M925 A2 and a couple of times all the lights have stayed flashing on the CTIS unit. The light for low pressure goes out but the other lights stay flashing.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Goobs

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eject! Eject! Eject! .................your ABS ECU is in a failure mode. Time to start reading the maintenance manual.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scroll down and read a few of the similar threads for some good info(btw, they would have come up with a search for your thread title).

Gunzy

1st, try unplugging the CTIS control for a couple minutes and reconnect to reset and see if that works. This has worked for others in the past.

Goobs

Thanks for the info guys. Sorry for my ignorance on the issue. Trying to search on an iphone is not the easiest.

About me: All i know about these trucks are they are BIG and I love mine. I have no technical knowledge other than the basics and am definately wet between the ears when it comes to these trucks.

I went out and looked at the truck. I did see a water spray coming from the left front tire so that may mean it is leaking somewhere under the cover so I will need to take that off and look into it. I noticed a leaking connection in the tank under the drivers seat behind the step that I will need to tighten. Hopefully that is what the situation is. I drove the vehicle 1700 miles from Delaware to Texas and had no issues at all the entrie trip and they truck and system worked flawlessly, so it is strange for it to just start happening.

I did find another thread with tons of info but the terms are over my head.....:-D, so I will need to do some reading and looking.

Thanks

Goobs

Andrmorr

Thanks for the info guys. Sorry for my ignorance on the issue. Trying to search on an iphone is not the easiest.

About me: All i know about these trucks are they are BIG and I love mine. I have no technical knowledge other than the basics and am definately wet between the ears when it comes to these trucks.

I did find another thread with tons of info but the terms are over my head.....:-D, so I will need to do some reading and looking.

Thanks

Goobs
Send me a PM and I'll help walk you thru it. It sucks to have to learn a new truck and a website at the same time...

For starters got to this link and download the Operators manual and all 5 maintenance manuals so you'll have the info you ARE DEFINITELY going to need...These trucks need attention even when they are in brand new condition, and now your truck has been sitting for XXX days/months/years so you're undoing some of the ravages of time also...

5TON Updated TMs

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?121487-TMs-for-M939-Series-Trucks

CTIS TBLSHOOT page

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=536523&d=1420947658

Andrew

Last edited:

Goobs

Thanks Andrew, I'll get a pm to you.

I I know there is lots to learn. I've only had the truck less than a month. I did get 8 led light bars of varying sizes to play with. I'm putting two on the back for back up lights, two on each side of the bed, two for the front fenders and a bar across the roof. Gonna light it up like the sun. Also have some locking door handles and locking fuel cap on their way.

I tightened a fitting that was hissing near the tank on the drivers side and now it's working again. I only had the 4 lights flashing so hopefully that's all it was.

Goobs

Andrmorr

I tightened a fitting that was hissing near the tank on the drivers side and now it's working again.

Goobs
While you're waiting for all that candlepower to arrive, it would probably be a good idea to either hook your truck up to shop air via the glad-hand connections, or start your truck and when it get's to full pressure, cut it off and climb under it and go front to back/back to front checking all the air fittings with soapy water and a wrench...little tiny leaks aren't noticeable but they add up to cause bigger problems. Kids bubble liquid works the best and is already mixed up...

elkhtr

While you're waiting for all that candlepower to arrive, it would probably be a good idea to either hook your truck up to shop air via the glad-hand connections, or start your truck and when it get's to full pressure, cut it off and climb under it and go front to back/back to front checking all the air fittings with soapy water and a wrench...little tiny leaks aren't noticeable but they add up to cause bigger problems. Kids bubble liquid works the best and is already mixed up...
What Andrmorr said. You will be stunned at how many little p*** ant leaks you will find that add up.

Goobs

Yeah, I'm going to do that this weekend to make sure they are all tight. I'm doing a show to raise money for soldiers that need surgeries on the 28th and need to get it ready for the show. Can't miss that one.

Goobs

ken326@yahoo.com

1st, try unplugging the CTIS control for a couple minutes and reconnect to reset and see if that works. This has worked for others in the past.
Do you disconnect with truck running or not running
my lights are flashing after I replaced batteries. Before the battery replacement they were not
all connections on battery are clean and correct?

MtnSnow

The proper proceedure is to have the truck turned off and power turned off. Unplug wait a few moments and then plug it back in and power the truck up in the proper manner (your waiting for the ABS light and the double clicks correct?)

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, that is the power up/ start procedure that I follow.

After further the review of The Wheel CTS valve on the left rear had came off my question to you is is this just a compression type style fitting that holds that on to that tube coming off the Hub? as that is how I see it.
Any information about this topic is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, that is the power up/ start procedure that I follow.

After further the review of The Wheel CTS valve on the left rear had came off my question to you is is this just a compression type style fitting that holds that on to that tube coming off the Hub? as that is how I see it.
Any information about this topic is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
That is correct. There is a rubber packing in the nut that gets squeezed and tightens down when the nut is bottomed out. I made replacement packings from thin slices of 5/8" id rubber heater hose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks