• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Does "No RAD" stenciled on bumber and door mean

Jimma

I picked up a 68 Jeep Kaiser M35A2 this week from Ft. Jackson. It runs and works great. No oil leaks, good power, new batteries, new slave port, hard top, electric wiper upgrade etc. I am wondering what the stenceling on the bumber and doors means that says "NO RAD" is that making reference to the radiator or radiation or what. Just curious.

Jimma

It has a radiator in it now and had one when I purchased it from GL. Also it is neatly stenciled not just a sticker or sloppy spray painted job. I am just curious.

Kenny714

Found this description.......(not my words)

"No rad stands for no radiation. Due to possible fracticide during the no initial stages of the conflict it was important to know if a friendly vehicle was hit by a DU projectile, if hit with DU there are special handling procedures that must be followed."

DU is depleted uranium

whyme

my truck had detailed instructions and warnings taped to the inside of the drivers window. ill bet its the gauges. alot of trucks are having them removed and i read here about dmro stating that one of the hold ups on euc's has been the extra paperwork dealing with this.

Jimma

It took them over 120 days to do the EUC. They never even looked at it until I kept emailing and then it took 2 days to clear once they started on it. I was just curious about the stencils.

Chief_919

It took them over 120 days to do the EUC. They never even looked at it until I kept emailing and then it took 2 days to clear once they started on it. I was just curious about the stencils.
All M35's now must be check for radioactive guages before they are sold- I would bet that is just how it was marked once checked.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've also seen "RAD OK" in paint stick on the windshield, meaning radiation survey check was OK.

mcmullag

Yes Rad

I would like to be a fly on the wall and listen in on the discussions
of these brainiac guv-mint folks making the
clearance/de-mil decisions
wherever they took place. To now start up this delay around
March of some of the trucks sold that have the iridium or whatever on
the gauges is laughable. I am waiting for a truck I won 7/8/10.
It amazes me how ineffective the guv-mint is being on this.
They already sold thousands of trucks in the past with these
same gauges and just let them go, I have one. Their auction seller has
hundreds for sale in their yards and listed for upcoming sale right now around the country.
Yet for some reason they are hemming and hawwing about
checking these gauges on these trucks or changing their policies.
I have seen pics of trucks a year ago on GL with the gauges
pulled out.
Cut bait, or fish! Make up your mind.
Be consistent across the board/country
with your decision on this gauge issue and
let's move on. :deadhorse: 2cents
It is not fair to advertise, sell, take the money
and then let the buyers sit for up to 100 days
before they are advised they can pick up their
paid for merchandise due to a flucuating policy.
GL, Battlecreek, Can you hear me now? fat lady sings

KsM715

Im with DH on this. Is it stenciled " No Rad" or "NORAD"

If it was for the guages they wouldnt go thru the trouble of stenciling it. It would be a paint pencil or grease pencil.

Chief_919

Seems odd that ONLY the M35 FMV is targeted.... when the 800, 900, and other series utilize the exact same gauges..
The 800 and 900 series trucks were produced after the use of radium guages has stopped, so they are assumed to be free of the deadly menace.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks