• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

?what does or did it do?

martinsaunders06

under the hood of the 816 wrecker is a plastic bottle/container fiitted to inside of engine upper side panel by aircleaner-what is it for please=mine does nothing,and also in the tm it says the front axle cv joints need lubing via pipe plug infront swivell housing= is this correct or it lubed from the axle gear oil?

martinsaunders06

?alchohol bottle?=yeah it has remains of a small hose on lid but goes nowhere, i know its daft but looks like it should be a washer bottle or coolant overflow.what would alcohol bottle do?

DavidB

Alcohol bottle is jar shaped another plastic vessel could be windshield washer resivor.Check for wire handled pump under dash.
DavidB

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
martinsaunders06 said:
also in the tm it says the front axle cv joints need lubing via pipe plug in front swivell housing= is this correct or it lubed from the axle gear oil?
Not lubed by gear oil, the TM is correct.

Armada

Keep alcohol in it while you're running the truck. The air is drawn through the alcohol and the moisture is removed. A bottle will last quite awhile.

beaubeau

I got one of those in my deuce, but the line goes in the cab,with a nipple on it!! I keep 90% Vodka in the Bottle!!! Just Kidding guys!! Good info on the Item though!! Good luck, Phil ,

emr

beaubeau said:
I got one of those in my deuce, but the line goes in the cab,with a nipple on it!! I keep 90% Vodka in the Bottle!!! Just Kidding guys!! Good info on the Item though!! Good luck, Phil ,
THATS FUNNY!!LOL!!...Randy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks