• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What does SWA stamped over my VIN/Serial plate mean?

I did some searching couldnt find anything out about it, the guy at DMV seems to think it means Solid Waste Authority and that my truck was used as yard truck at a dump or something. I explained that i really dont think that they would deface the vin identification plate to prove ownership of the vehicle that there are 1,000 other way to make its owner known and that would be a poor choice. Also it didnt have a state code next to SWA so that didnt even make sense.

Anyway here is the pic, ive seen SWA mentioned next to contract numbers in my searching but i couldnt find anything else on it

Attachments

Oh thanks! Is this pretty common? I know the LDS engine was installed in 1988 and according to CARNACs info went in to the 104th Ordiance in 1994 for a rebuild. Do they typically rebuild everything on it i.e. engines, brakes, axles, transmissions, or do they just go over things to make sure they are working correctly?

Have you deciphered your serial number? Mine seems very contradictory to the article, being mine is an 04 group number but is a 1971 and it has a General Products Division plate. My frame number matches the info on the VIN plate too so i dunno.

EDIT nevermind the Lot number is the first two digits of the 4 numbers already printed on the plate in my case 05 of 0525 now the article makes sense

Last edited:

Flyingvan911

I wouldn't think it would add any value. It is really cool but the condition of the truck and accessories are what counts. Well maintained, tarp, bow troop seats, etc.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At least $10 more.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm pretty sure one of my trucks has SWA stamped on it also.