• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what does the "C" mean?

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
drop side

It also stands for annoying tailgate fastener that constantly pinches your fingers, and scuffs you cargo cover.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, not the answer you're looking for Joesph but I do know that the 128 has full width back doors and the 129 has narrower doors.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The answer is really easier than one may think. The main thing to remember is that the suffixes cannot be applied across the board - rather they are unique to each vehicle model (IE A M35A3 has a Cummins and an automatic, whereas the M109A3 has a Multifuel and a manual tranny.)

As various minor changes are introduced, suffixes were added. A classic example is the "Easy Eight" Sherman of late WWII fame. The actual model number was M4A3E8.

The M4 was the basic Sherman, powered by a radial engine. The Ford GAA V-8 installation brought about the A3 suffix - the wide HVSS suspension was the eighth EXperimental sub-modification - hence E8.

In the more familiar terms - the M54 was first gas powered - a variety of alternate engines were tried - I'm on the road at the moment, so this is from memory DO NOT QUOTE the specifics - but the gist is right. The M54E5 was an experimental truck with a Mack ENDT-673 diesel engine. When adopted as standard, the EXperimental designation was dropped, and the truck became the M54A1.

Hope this makes it clear as mud!

Regards,
David

OSO

Is there any other place ,other than the army where a guy can cross reference pics to trucks,and other equipment? OSO :?:

jh1990

RE: Re: RE: what does the "C" mean?

i think what OSO is means is is there a website where one could put in the model # and then find some pics of that truck, trailer, plane, wagon, jeep, tank, helicopter, etc...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks