• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What does this insignia represent?

M1075

Hey that is a sweet 900 series prototype! I saw it on ebay. I think it is up in Delaware somewhere. Maybe its kin to the BMY truck Eastern Surplus has been marketing.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
it started out (and still is) as special IR stuff..

When units couldnt get enough of it, they started using normal black paint.. That worked for visual combat ID, but not IR combat ID.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
During the first Gulf War we relised after getting to the desert that all vehicles look pretty similar to a jet fighter bomber and a guy on a ring mount at a long distance. In order to prevent fratricide the command made a decicion to put this symbol on every allied vehicle for rapid ID. On desert camo I can tell you they stood out well except during the sand storms but then you couldnt see anything and your tent was most lilkely being torn to shreds or at least ripped in two. One reason I dug a big bunker every time we stopped.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks