• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What does this rim fit

sermis

I scored another 15.5 XL and it came with a rim. It was a real pain to get the tire dismounted. The lip inside the rim that holds the "O" ring stopped the tire from coming off. After a lot of sledge hammering I got it. I know why they have started replacing the wheels and tires as a unit.
The rim has an 11" center and about a 13 1/4" bolt pattern.

Attachments

sermis

I did not see any numbers on the wheel but it also has real thick paint. The rim has a single valve stem and not the central inflation system.

M1075

That may be a rim from M1076 trailer. I do not know what else the Army runs 15.5s on. Let me do some measuring and I can tell you for sure. If it is, I could sure use it if you don't.

Attachments

sermis

I have no use for it. Wish I would have known. There was another good rim there I did not get. I thought about cutting the Deuce center and welding it in.

DMgunn

Are the HEMTT rims compatible with a 5 ton (10 hole Budd)? Either the search feature isn't working or I have spelling issues, but I can't find anything, although I'm sure it's been covered 1,000,000 times. I need a few super single rims.

jwaller

sermis said:
jwaller said:
the wheel in the second pic I just installed on my 818 and it fit perfect with 1600 xzl's
Can you post up some PIC's with them mounted?
yes I can. the studs may be a little shorter than stock but I'm comfortable with it. I feel there is enough stud coming thru the nut to be of sufficient strength to be held.

I just put the Hemit wheels with 16:00 20 XZL's on the M819 and the stock front wheel studs are to short. its not that big of deal to change them as the front wheel bearings probably could use cleaning and repacking anyways. i did not feel comfortable with the stud that would not fill the lugnut. i feel that the lugnut was designed that thickness for a reason.

jwaller

I've always been told that as long as you have at least the width of the bolt in threads into the nut you are fine. I believe this to be true in this case. true the stud doesnt come all the way thru the nut but until I get the combat whees mounted I can live with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks