• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What does your M35A3 Tach at WOT ?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What does the engine data sticker on the valve cover say?

I thought max rpm was 2900.

lonegunman

Data plate on the engine is the max RPM from Caterpillar. Mine said 2925 and when Cat verified the tac, they revved it to max and it held 2927 rpm.

The Army -10 says 2750 max rpm when operating the truck, my truck has a bolt under the gas pedal that is set to limit things to around 2700-2750rpm on level ground.

If you revved 3000 rpm all the way home, you are testing th eengine quite a bit. When I first got the truck, I pegged the tac on a couple of downhill runs and made 60 or so mph. Itis not something I'd do constantly to a truck I liked.

Over-revving the engine on the way home has resulted in a few A2 guys suffering engine failures in the last few weeks, no doubt someone with an A3 will join them in the engine search at some point. Running 3K rpms for long periods might end up being expensive, you might want to rethink that idea.

The truck itself has a whopping 56mph recommended top speed which is close to the Army recommended 2750rpm. They run smoothest at around 48-50mph for most people. This is the 2500-2600 rpm range.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks