• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What does your oil pressure gauge read

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Did you check the engine oil level via the dipstick? That sounds about right. Many of them don't show much at all for pressure at idle.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would scare me! ha ha But yeah, I have seen other guys post that their 8.3 idle oil pressure seemed really low. My NHC250 in my M925A1 idles hot at I think 25psi, and about 50-60 psi when driving.

The NH250 oil pressure spec is higher than the 8.3. The TM calls for 15 psi at hot idle on the NH250 although typically they do run more than this.

I'm with you, I like to see 40-60psi at a cold start up.

Goobs

Cool thanks guys. Yeah, I was driving it and for some reason I looked at the pressure at a stop light and it was low and then driving it was in the 50 range and kinda freaked me out a bit cause I hadn't really noticed it at idle before.

Ive never owned a diesel let alone a military vehicle before so its all a learning process.

Goobs

74M35A2

My 8.3 is just a needle-width above 0psi on the factory gauge at hot idle. But, when checking this with a mechanical gauge, it reads much higher, like even close to 30psi if I remember correctly. The military electric gauges suck, and suck even worse when hot, in my personal opinion. If I could figure out how to back-light a mechanical gauge, I'd chuck my electric gauges up in the air and crank them with a ball bat on their way down.

As far as the factory gauges go, if it is not on 0psi, you should be OK. Know your oil level.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks