• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What end dump trailer on a M931? Mods required?

kenz5380

I've got a M931A2 and I'd like to be able to pull an end dump trailer. I've seen several of you guys say you pull end dumps with your 931, but I haven't seen anyone talk about how they set up their hydraulics or what brand of trailer and model they are running. Was the height of the hitch on the 931 being so high an issue? Any info you all could give me would be great! Thanks!

Carlo

I pulled one with my M931A1. I expected power problems but in flat land no problems. In the mountains it was a nite mare going up and with no jake or exhaust brake going down I was curing my toes! The king pin is a different size than our euro trailers but it was a easy fix. The PTO, PUMP was a bolt on and I found the hydr. tank used. I had super singles on the drives but swapped them out for duals. They just flexed to much on curves and worse when the dump was up. Got allot of looks from all the cab over drivers though.

kenz5380

Can anyone say what flatbed or step deck trailer they are running? Is it impossible to run civilian trailers without height modification? Thanks!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have a M932 (M931 with winch) you already have your hyd pump problems solved. You'd have to add another valve and a bigger hyd tank though.

I've pulled a bunch of civilian trailers with a M931 without issues but I've heard that with a A1 or A2 with super singles you can run into clearance issues with some civilian trailers.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can anyone say what flatbed or step deck trailer they are running? Is it impossible to run civilian trailers without height modification? Thanks!

If pulling older mv trailers and civilian units with newer tractors on tall tires be prepared to keep plenty of blocking to place under landing legs for unhooking of the trailers. Most landing gear won't go high enough and will stretch your gear to the limit when all the way extended possibly damaging the gear. Military leg extenders would be appropriate.

Larger footplate.jpg