• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What engine does the m62 have?

madsam

I know I should know this, but I have searched and not found it. What engine does the m62 have? I think it is a gasser, but what size and HP?

acetomatoco

Continental 6 cylinder 602 cubic inch disp about 200 hp and a bunch more torque than the M/F I have three of the engines here in VT... take em home.

madsam

Thanks. I probably am not interested, but GL has one coming up and I wanted to know what it has. The truck looks ok, except for tires. I thought the military got rid of these a long time ago.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be dang! That would be pretty interesting to have. Who woulda thunk, a gasser wrecker from GL in 2008.

madsam

I probably am not interested. It would take 2k in fuel to drive it, or more from where it is. Even more to transport it.

drjconley

i think this would classify as resurecting an old thread. i have a m62 with a multifuel. were all m62s gas? my tranny is in the normal pattern. that is with 5th in the bottom right. it is my understanding that the diesels and multifuels came with 5th at the top right. would that mean that my tranny is from the gasser and the overhaul from gas to multi only changed the engine. if that is the case what gear would 1:1 be. i have been told that is the gear to run when using the boom.

jim

m139h2otruck

All 5 ton multis to the best of my little knowledge were straight non-overdrive 5 speeds, the same as the gasser. It really is a better transmission than the OD as the gear spread is much more even, and does not have the RPM drop between gears like the 3-4 split on the OD.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks