• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What engine is this ?

dfanders

A local welding shop has this engine in a trailer out back. It was used by a local Vo -tech school as a teaching aid. They say it is from a 5 ton truck and is a multifuel engine. Can anyone ID this engine ?? He is looking to sell it, but not sure on price. He says it runs.

Attachments

DieselBob

Well judging buy the flame heater setup and the turbo style I would guess a LDS-465 although the starter is setup like a 2.5 ton install. Just my guess.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
In pic #5 you can see the motor's data plate painted over, still riveted to the block. Take a rag with brake cleaner sprayed on it, and clean off the paint.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately 427's are really rare but aren't worth squat. My last LDT sold in the can for $450. I'd guess that one is at most $300-$400. I'd buy in a second if I could get it west!aua

dmetalmiki

If the data plate is not readable check the SUMP layout there is a difference between the LDS and LDT. the starter as previously mentioned is in the ldt position. and the pump early 427