• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What engine?

jimh1985

I have a 1986 m35a2, the data place is ruined all of the black has come off. I have read of some markings on the motor like TD on the front. are there any other markings that could tell me what engine I have. I know it has a d turbo.
I am thinking it is the original engine it has 1600 hours on it.

jimh1985

ok I just looked at the data plate the only thing i can make out is that on the top right corner it sayes e-89
Also TD is on the block I assume that meens thick deck?

jimh1985

I was hoping to find out exactly which engine it had, isn't there one that has a improved head gasket design?
I do have oil leaking from under the head on the passenger-side and also on the back of the engine also the head.
I pressure washed it two days ago and it has already reached to the bottom, this is concerning me.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Don't be, I can't even see my pass side of the block! As long as it runs good and there is no coolant in the oil, run it!

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't be, I can't even see my pass side of the block! As long as it runs good and there is no coolant in the oil, run it!
Do you recommend re-torquing head bolts to see if that reduces seepage or just stay the **** away from it until you absolutely need to do the head gasket?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have been thinking about doing the gaskets for a while now. I actually picked up some at Aberdeen LAST year. I might try to get them done before Haspin, but I'm not sure. :)

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a m35a2 that the data plate is missing off the motor and I to was hoping to find out what motor it is.

Capt.Marion

I have a m35a2 that the data plate is missing off the motor and I to was hoping to find out what motor it is.

Your best bet is to do google image searches for things like "Multifuel" and "LDT 465" or "M35A2 engine" and to also poke around here for pictures of folks's motors in their trucks and do a visual comparison to see which looks most like your engine. Chances are it's just a good ole LDT-465-1C/D....

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your best bet is to do google image searches for things like "Multifuel" and "LDT 465" or "M35A2 engine" and to also poke around here for pictures of folks's motors in their trucks and do a visual comparison to see which looks most like your engine. Chances are it's just a good ole LDT-465-1C/D....
Good idea!! Thanks!!
I guess there would be no way to tell who made it of the three
manufacturers.