• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Glow Plugs to use for M1008

jj

The GM part no. for the 60G plug is 12563554. I bought a set in early 07 at my local Chevy store (now shuttered). Paid list price, about $75, i think. Finally installed this AUG, they work great. They do require changing the ends on the wiring. The 13G's i took out had 3/16" connectors. The 60G's had 1/4" ends. As i was repairing the entire harness on the bench, it was no problem to crimp new ends. When it starts to act up, the 6.5 in the "Canyonero" will get 60G's too.

CCATLETT1984

The GM part no. for the 60G plug is 12563554. I bought a set in early 07 at my local Chevy store (now shuttered). Paid list price, about $75, i think. Finally installed this AUG, they work great. They do require changing the ends on the wiring. The 13G's i took out had 3/16" connectors. The 60G's had 1/4" ends. As i was repairing the entire harness on the bench, it was no problem to crimp new ends. When it starts to act up, the 6.5 in the "Canyonero" will get 60G's too.
The 60G is not the military spec'd part for the cucv. The wellman 070 is the correct part.

Glad you replaced the 13g's though, those are not good to have in a motor.

jj

Well, i didn't mean to imply that the 60G plug was military spec. It was what the local Chevy store sold me as "state of the art" when i described what sort of vehicle i was dealing with. This was before i had discovered Steel Soldiers. As i understand the differences between the 60G's and the Wellman 070's, the Wellman's would probably be more long-lived than the 60G's if my automatic controller was still working. It doesn't, and troubleshooting to find out why is low on my priority "to do" list. By manually working the plugs, i think the 60G's should live long and prosper. If they don't, Saturn Surplus is just only slightly out of my way home from work.

BobM

Buy from him, they are the correct military spec'd part.
I bought from Chuck and made a mistake on which plugs I needed. I ordered late on Friday and had the new plugs on Monday!
BUT I ordered the wrong plugs. Called Chuck and he said,"Just send 'em back and I'll send ya the right ones." No argument or anything. And it was MY fault! Going to swap them in person tomorrow. Indeed this is the kinda guy you want to do business with.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks