• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What goes here?!

hillstreet2770

1999 M1123 w/ deep fording...it would appear that a vent or thing-a-ma-jig is supposed to be installed here but I have yet to find anything in the TMs?!
IMG_7040.jpg
Any information would be appreciated...thanks in advance!
HillStreet2770

papakb

I think a 3D printer would be far better than trying to form one of these vents up from sheet aluminum. You'd probably end up with sheit aluminum!

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think a 3D printer would be far better than trying to form one of these vents up from sheet aluminum. You'd probably end up with sheit aluminum!
LOL. Depends on how good you are with a sheers or bandsaw.

I would rip this out in a heartbeat just to get it done quickly. I HATE WAITING FOR PARTS! Rather make certain things myself. Whole project might take 15 minutes from drawing to cutting to riveting a 1/2 shaped tin can to create airflow direction.

Others might struggle, as you imply.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if it’s all connected correctly with the plenum, the amount of air out of this set is quite substantial.
I'm pretty sure all the hoses and plenums in my 1987 M998 leak like sieves, so my truck takes forever to get hot air to my legs. I could seal the cab a lot better I know. I have to explain to anyone who rides in it during winter that coats are kept ON in the truck and warm boots are recommended highly :)
Bulldogger

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A year ago another member once posted that he opened up the dash and replaced all the rotted ductwork and suddenly his vehicle was hot and toasty.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks