• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What goes here?

muddog

Can anybody tell me what correct equipment would go in the opening on the front of my M373A2 trailer at the top. I would like to keep it as original as possible.
Thanks Harold.

Attachments

Westech

CPL
I do not know the numbers but from what I hear there a PITA to find and ones that can be made to work.... I think wreckerman has a set on one of his trailers or 109 trucks.... maybe.. lets hope he pops in .

70deuce

Muddog, sorry I didn't see your post earlier. Here are pictures of the heating/AC units mounted to the front of a 1981 10 ton XM971 trailer. They are 203 volt 3 phase units with individual contol panels for each inside the trailer. Don't know if these work yet. Probably do. I would definitely agree your racks are for heating/AC units of some sort. Your racks look much smaller than the XM971 racks and almost look like they mount household type window AC units. Sorry I can't be more help.

Attachments

70deuce

To head off a question the OD cover on the lower front of the trailer is on there to keep the sun off the two 5th wheel airbags. This trailer has airbag suspension on the two axles and the 5th wheel. The 5th wheel airbags look like new. Just trying to keep that way.

muddog

Thanks for the input everybody. Hope to find some time this summer to bring it to the house and start doing a little work on it. Hope to do a camping trip in it this summer.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Harold,
Those are probably going to be 18000 to 36000 BTU horizontal AC units, which do come up on GL. Some were made by KECO, and there are/were other manufacturers. Within the past month I found a long list of TM's for military AC units from 9000 BTU's up to 56,000+. Can't locate it now - figures! Try TPUB for starters. There were a couple of units that might have fit in a GL auction that ended Tuesday - with no bidders at 4:56. Maybe they will be re-listed.

n3sq

Horizontal 36000btu A/C

I do have one (York MA 3-F23A) available. Pulled out of my M447C.
TM 5-4120-259-15 covers it . . .

Alex

Harold,
Those are probably going to be 18000 to 36000 BTU horizontal AC units, which do come up on GL. Some were made by KECO, and there are/were other manufacturers. Within the past month I found a long list of TM's for military AC units from 9000 BTU's up to 56,000+. Can't locate it now - figures! Try TPUB for starters. There were a couple of units that might have fit in a GL auction that ended Tuesday - with no bidders at 4:56. Maybe they will be re-listed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks