• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what had happened was...

Mister Sunday

what had happened was... hydrolocked

I drowned my deuce in the river at the offroad park. I've already got it home.had the injectors out once and blew the water out of the cylinders, looked like 1 and 4 were the only ones blowin water. She spun good. No water in the oil. But when I put the injectors back in she spun over a little the hydro locked again. I presume its coolant gettin sucked into the cylinders. Just askin for opinions, do you think I can get away with changin the head gaskets? Yes, I know, I'm gonna put a snorkel on it also.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would include something about the topic in the title if the thread. Why not do your part to help the searchability of Steel Soldiers.

Seth_O

Dangit, would have liked to have seen that one.

If your oil is clean, it's unlikely your HG or oil cooler are bad. Make sure you completely drain all your fuel and replace all your filters. If it was that deep fuel and air filters and lines seem like the most likely candidates

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only sure way to determine his problem is to re-create it, this time with video.

saddamsnightmare

September 21st, 2012.

Drowned deuce could equal very expensive lession. If you went deeper then 30", you are probably in deep..... Remember all the axles and drive train components need checked for water contamination and all the bearings repacked, so if you get it running, you won't burn out more components....:deadhorse:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would include something about the topic in the title if the thread. Why not do your part to help the searchability of Steel Soldiers.

It seems he's not interested in your concerns Kenny, I do however agree with you.
On many levels.....

At some point YOU
must become an
ACTIVE PARTICIPANT
in your own
RESCUE.

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

I tried to, but it only changed the title on my first post, not on the thread title. I tried to put a catchy title on it so people would read it, apparently it worked. Sorry you were disappointed.
I wasn't disappointed. As Recovery4X4 suggests, it makes it difficult to pull up this thread in the future with the search function, should someone wish to read about your escapades in the river.

Hydro lock

I drowned my deuce in the river at the offroad park. I've already got it home.had the injectors out once and blew the water out of the cylinders, looked like 1 and 4 were the only ones blowin water. She spun good. No water in the oil. But when I put the injectors back in she spun over a little the hydro locked again. I presume its coolant gettin sucked into the cylinders. Just askin for opinions, do you think I can get away with changin the head gaskets? Yes, I know, I'm gonna put a snorkel on it also.
When you had the injectors out did you insert a narrow tube through the injector hole and suck out as much water as possible? Since these pistons are not flat you should search around a bit to get as much water out as possible. The piston should be at the bottom of it's travel when you do this. With the small combustion chambers in the average diesel it takes only a small bit of water to stop the piston. The closer the piston is to the top of it's stroke when it locks the more likely damage to the engine will result.
A stick of brake line and a "pickup gun" should do the trick. The pickup gun is an air tool typically used to spray cleaner.

Hope you have no surprises in there!