• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What happens if I dont pay Government Liquidation?

us74k5

So I won a bid on a crew cab here at Fort Lewis. I have tried twice to pay for the item, both times it has failed due to their incompetency. After this last phone call with some retard that informs me that now I have to pay via certified check or wire transfer, along with some extra fees, and the fact that I wont be able to pick it up today (not an EUC item for some reason) which is really important because today is my only day off for a while to come, and had they typed my credit card info correctly over the phone I would be picking it up today. I am highly considering just telling them to screw off and going elsewhere. Question is, what happens to me if I do that? Obviously they will cancel my account or something like that, but can they take legal action against me? I read around the website but couldn't find anything pertaining to that exactly.

Nonotagain

They will place your account on hold until such a time that you pay the 25% FEE THEY DEMAND. (That's 25% of the purchase price of the item you contracted to purchase).

You won't be able to purchase anything from them until paid.

I've had them decline my PayPal account. When I requested the rejection number, they didn't have that information. Funny thing is that my PayPal account didn't show the attempt either. GL lies thru their teeth. SOP.

us74k5

Screw them then. And yeah I checked my paypal account, there is nothing in there showing an attempt to withdraw the money, and absolutely no reason it should not have worked through paypal. I figured it was just some kinda error, so I called and did the credit card over the phone, only for it to get declined on their end because the guy that was already busy dealing with other things while on the phone with me, didnt put the correct number in. And now because of this I wont even be around for the ten days that I will have to pick the **** thing up. Deff not the first issue I have had with Government Liquidation, but I think it will be the last.

OL AG '89

Most GL sites will work with you on the 10 day window, so if you want the item, your choice.
If you dump the item, you still end up paying them something for the PLEASURE..... of not doing business with them.
I think you can fax the payment info to them, they will have the correct info and payment can be made.
I just purchased 1st vehicle through GL last December, no issues, and EUC cleared in 26 days.....
If you can't get there, I'm sure once the vehicle is paid for, you can find another SS member to help you with the pickup.

us74k5

Right now its an issue of they want ME to pay a fee for THEIR mistake. I would like to have the truck, but they are a dime a dozen, I can always get one at a another time. And I wont be paying them one dime, I can be content never using GL again.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
This is what happens when the gooberment gives a contractor a monoply......they are always right and you play by their twisted rules.

I had an issue with them one time and negotiated their pound of flesh down to what I considered a reasonable amount.

I still had to pay for the privilege of doing business with them again.

It all depends on your tolerance for frustration and aggravation.

tractors0130

I too had went through this with GL using my credit/debit card after raising the limit on it at my bank. They tried several times to put it through only to tell me it was denied when no attempts were shown at my bank. Finally, someone at GL told me that they use the credit cards through Paypal secure even when your not using Paypal yourself, he then told me that he would run my card using their older method and it worked just fine. It's frustrating when you know your card is good and you got the money only to have them tell you it's denied. I would suggest talking to someone else or a supervisor at GL.

Milbikes

Stay calm, contact a service rep, be polite, explain that your bank has no record of any charge attempt by them, and "perhaps somebody mis-typed my number" and you would like them to try again, and that you don't want to pay an extra fee when no attempt by them to collect is on record. If they insist they made an attempt and it was rejected, ask them to send you a hard copy of the denied charge, and they will probably be more cooperative. If this doesn't work, ask for a supervisor. Most low-level phone workers work off of a canned shpiel that they learn, and won't deviate from what they have been taught to say. They also can't or are not allowed to deviate from the script. Higher level supervisors often have the brain capacity to interact with the customer, and 'go with the flow' of the individual problems......and then they can make a decision and get things sorted out. You just have to get past the trained monkeys sometimes. Just stay calm and polite. Good luck.

DonFDNY

Yet another example of why I don't play with GL.
They canceled my auction once were I won a boat ($7,000) two hours after I was notified that I won. They said someone complained that they couldn't get their bid in because they were having problems with their computer and they were going to run it again the next day. I told them I would not bid on it again and their (friend) would probably offer $40 more which he did and won the boat for $7,040.00.

NEIOWA

This is all outlined in the terms and conditions that you read and agreed to.

Yeah blah blah blah blah. Anything they say is writ in stone "because we have the gubmint behind us". About the only internet outfit more incompetent than paypal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks