• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done for comfort.....

ramdough

All, I would like to collect a bunch of pictures and examples of things that you have done to make your FMTV more comfortable.

Example: seats, gears, tint, sound dampening, HVAC, etc.

Please post pics and maybe a link to your build showing how you have made your truck more comfortable. Maybe a comment on if you thought it was worth the effort/money. Also, if you have vendors and part numbers, here would be a great place to list that as well.

Please do not fill this thread with "I did nothing because it was already comfortable" type responses.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I swapped the drivers and passenger seats for higher back seats, added a rear view cam in my m1078, added a air horn/pa and better lighting.

Strong50

Good thread, I am in a similar situation with what to do for comfort. I just got the Truck on Thursday and spent a whole tank of enjoying the purchase.

This is a pretty basic question, but I was wondering if anyone has any real world experience with Lizard Skin spray on sound barrier. If so, is the difference between spray on bedliner and Lizard Skin worth the 3x cost? Side Question, which is your favorite DIY Roll-on/spray-on bedliner?

ramdough

I am building a house/shop right now. I plan to get the truck once I am done with the shop.

I tend to plan my projects out pretty thoroughly before I start them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sargentwolf

1. Insulated cab roof (cheap stick on insulation. Lowered cab temp by at least 15 degrees)
2. Added VIC-4 intercom for music, maps, and so shouting to be heard is no longer required. Going to be upgrading it to a civi system as can't answer the phone with the military one and my state will ticked commercial trucks for driving while on the phone.

tterbo

What rear view cameras have you guys been using? And are you happy with them? I bought one on Amazon that had good reviews but it was garbage. Grainy, distorted picture, junk mounting brackets, etc. I want too install one that stays on all the time to not only use when backing up but to serve as a rear view mirror for changing lanes, towing, etc.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I used a cheapie. But if you want a good one there are ones made for rv/semi use that are better quality but 5 times the cost. I use the mirrors for lane change its just a matter of adjusting them well. I find the 2 part long rectangle ones don't work well I like a long straight mirror for side/rear view and then a larger slightly curved rectangular one on the inner position that allows for a wide view. The cam is nice for backing up the Lmtv has blind spots. There is an indent in the back of the cab that looks like it was made for a rear cab window. One day I plan to add it in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks