• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
...Gonna hit NAPA in the AM and see if by chance they have hvac end in 7/8. And yes this kit for some reason uses hvac fitting on the heater core..... yeah....
If you can’t find what you need or it’s expensive, post up a picture. I may have something that will work, free + shipping.

big block 88

Why they are being used on the heat side of the system is beyond me.

But i have plenty to say about this kit we put in. But i will keep myself in check and speak with the manufacturer first and see what they say before i unleash on here. Perhpas there were just issues at their shop or a bad employee. If thats the case i can forgive several things.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thats what im calling it too, making sure is all.

Thank you sir. I would need one with just a straight connection to cut off the crimp end and just clamp the heater hose to it.

AC specific I believe. If you just look for o-ring fitting you’ll likely have typical ORB hydraulic fittings pop up.

I’ll try to check what I have in the morning. What is the 7/8 measurement? Does it look to be 7/8-14 thread?

big block 88

I would call it 7/8-14. I think most a/c fitting are that pitch. Thank you sir! I will check with napa in the AM also. Im hoping to have this truck done and gone tomorrow night.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
#10 fitting should be 7/8-14 thread. What size heater hose are you adapting to 3/4”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
gonna do some final wire tying and routing then get all the hoses routed and secured for vibration. Then gonna charge the unit up.
I assume you are going to vacuum it down? Or did you do that and I missed it? I found a good (cheap) enough unit on Amazon that vacuums and you can use to charge, and monitor your high and low side pressures. There are a couple threads here. One by me and one by “Over” on his 923A1. Basically the exact same process except you just mount your evaporator and compressor in different locations.

It is is one of the best upgrades I did to my truck!

big block 88

I will just be taking the truck in to charged up. I think with an all new system like thjs its best to let someone mearter than me charge it up.

This truck has 3/4 hose on it not 5/8

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting nothing measures 7/8. I will measure the male end on the firewall.

Thanks Wes
IMG_4405.jpg
This is what I have, the blue plugs would represent your male end, mine look to be #12 (1-1/16-14). If yours is #10 and you do have 3/4” hose, you should be able to put a little silicone on the treads and stab the hose right on, clamp and your good to go.

big block 88

Jbulach i did find what i need locally it was a -10 fitting. He only had 2 but thats all i needed. I should be good to go im gonna try and get all this plumbed up tightened and checked then fire and check for leaks!!!!

Thank you a ton for going out of your way to check your fittings. I "should" be good to go. I will update later when im hopefully done with this pig.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks