What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

vvwilkins

That looks really nice! What was the cost to line a hood? Now that I see this I want to do it to my trucks.
I cost about $171 total: 3 rolls of Dynamat Hoodliner material. Each roll is 32"x54"x0.75 thick.
Here's the summit racing link to the material i used:

I still owe the thread a mapping of how I applied the material to the hood.

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another dog bone replacement. This one was the upper rear. Aft end came out pretty easy but the front fought me for a couple of days. Got the old one out this morning In 17 degree weather and in a gravel driveway! New one went it pretty easy. Got a couple of new ones awhile back as surplus. Had to rotate the axle back a little to get it lined up. Realigned and tightened everything up. Just need a couple of cotter pins, I’ll use stainless steel, and then take her for a test ride. Probably rebuild this one and another I have sometime in the future.

Attachments

simp5782

My safe word is Pork and Beans.
Supporting Vendor
Another dog bone replacement. This one was the upper rear. Aft end came out pretty easy but the front fought me for a couple of days. Got the old one out this morning In 17 degree weather and in a gravel driveway! New one went it pretty easy. Got a couple of new ones awhile back as surplus. Had to rotate the axle back a little to get it lined up. Realigned and tightened everything up. Just need a couple of cotter pins, I’ll use stainless steel, and then take her for a test ride. Probably rebuild this one and another I have sometime in the future.
Some of those cotton jacket supply and relay lines are looking a little crusty. They will start to leak thru themselves before long if not slowly doing it now

Terry Shelswell

Work on my M816.

I exchanged a rear wheel cylinder. No issues after. Need to add back to spares.

I have been fighting the truck not wanting to start. I replaced the control box and truck seems happy now. Need to add back to spares.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks