• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

MO MV man

I added another "bumper" to my door check rods to keep them from tagging my mirrors everytime they're opened. Works perfect.

Adjusted the door striker so they shut tighter and more flush with the cab.

Installed cup holders I picked up from here on SS.

Patiently awaiting the arrival of my 5" offset mudflap brackets.

Piper Cub

I checked tire pressures, cleaned the air filter today and tomorrow is bath day. It will also be getting two new front axle boots sometime soon. Another thing I noticed is that the rod that holds the passenger seat up seems bent a lot. Could someone post a picture of theirs so I can see if it's just mine or if they're all bent like that?

Artisan

Piper,

TM 9-2320-272-24P-1

Figure 153. Battery Box Assembly, Cover, and Mounting Hardware

Part #19 I believe is the rod that holds that monster up.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I cored out a hole on the winch left side bracket to make it easier to adjust the drab brake. Originally this is a very poor design. All I need now is a large flat tip screwdriver. I also shimmed the spring with some washers and a 1/4" nut to get a little more tension out of it. The brake works great now.
View attachment 493758View attachment 493759

zxmedic

More work on the 813. epoxy bed liner sprayed and sand blasting the exterior and starting the paint will be 2,color cdn camouflage .

uploadfromtaptalk1400443741593.jpguploadfromtaptalk1400443772372.jpguploadfromtaptalk1400443798144.jpg

NJDEUCE

Installed CB radio, along with antenna. I also fabricated a custom switch and stereo panel to mount under the dash. It came out really nice. The LCD panel is a voltage meter that I have tied into the 24v-12v converter, it's nice to keep tabs on the voltage and it looks cool. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400460433.337895.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400460451.660179.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400460461.455019.jpg

joesco

Installed a new Alarm Monitor Module from Idaho Motor Pool and bingo my WARNING two lights (brake and low air warning) are back. Getting closer to obtaining my NH MV State Inspection!

plode

Finished up fabricating the plates to repair the rusty floor in my truck. Had to cut, grind, drill and bend them. Painted the back side with cold galvanizing paint. Going to use seam sealer tomorrow morning to glue them down. Then going to duraglass the floor to smooth things out. Then it'll be paint time. I see Home Depot sells packages of grit that they can add to your paint to make it like non-skid. I think I'm going to do that on the floor.

Then I have to work on cleaning up and painting the battery box, drivers seat/mount, and getting it all back in the truck.
Have to get this done soon, the grass is getting high under the truck and I have to move it to mow! :lol:

MO MV man

I finally had enough of the military mud flaps wrapping themselves up in the tires-they are WAY too close to the tires, plain and simple.

So I picked up some 5" offset brackets and some Cummins accessory rigid mudflaps (on sale, I couldn't resist).

These ought to work worlds better.

Attachments

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally had enough of the military mud flaps wrapping themselves up in the tires-they are WAY too close to the tires, plain and simple.

So I picked up some 5" offset brackets and some Cummins accessory rigid mudflaps (on sale, I couldn't resist).

These ought to work worlds better.
NICE:driver:[thumbzup]

gpp111

I pulled my halftrack for the first time on the 24 volt trailer I had built. Performance is not all that much different with the 8-9 ton halftrack or without, slow but steady.a m818.jpga m818 1.jpgz5.jpg I have not tried pulling it with my M920 yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks